NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Printing from NetWebForm or NetWebBrowse  (Read 1726 times)

rupertvz

• View Profile
    • Email
Printing from NetWebForm or NetWebBrowse
« on: October 30, 2011, 12:57:01 PM »
Hi Guys,

This is my first attempt at printing from a NetWebForm or NetWebBrowse.
I read through a few topics in the forum, but can't get the buttons to call my report procedure from the app-tree.

I added a button in the parent NetWebForm to the "tab" section (below the browse being called)
The button shows below the browse on the page, but when I click the button it attempts to open another page, and doesn't call the report-procedure.  I did link the report to the "procedure" field of the button, and not the URL field.

I would prefer not to use a printing button on each of the browse record lines.
Thus, just one button below the browse.

I will appreciate any advice.

Stu

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Printing from NetWebForm or NetWebBrowse
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 04:27:54 PM »
Rupert,

Having a print button in a netwebform that "surrounds" a netwebbrowse is a great way to do things. I do it all the time.

The first question that comes to mind is .. What is the name of the page being opened on the button click?

Then if the page name is the report, you have an issue with the way the report has been set up. So I'd ask if you've got the correct templates at work (a PDF generator extension on the report + the Nettalk Report extension on the report). The nettalk docs have this laid out, very easy to follow.

If the page name is something else, is it a different procedure from your app?

Using the "procedure" field on the template will only call a procedure. So it has to be something from your app.
Cheers,

Stu Andrews