NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Not calling the Validate field routine after a lookup  (Read 1630 times)

terryd

• View Profile
    • Davcomm
    • Email
Not calling the Validate field routine after a lookup
« on: June 27, 2014, 06:07:46 AM »
If a field looks up another table using a  procedure and on my client side tab I check "Send new value to server" and and add code in the Validate:FieldName Routine. I then set the reset value for another field the value for which changes based on the code within the routine.
I am seeing no change to the field that I asked to reset.
Another entry field with the same settings as this does call the routine and change the value of the field to reset.
Attached is a modified version of Example3 where I have added an alias to the alias table and substituted my example for for the alias form normally called up from the alias browse.
The routine does a test to check if the combination of name and mailbox number does not exist.
If the combination does exists or one of the 2 fields is empty the allowstatus should be no if the combination does not exist then the value should be yes.
Any change to the lookup has no effect on the allowstatus field, any change to the name field updates the allowstatus field.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Terry Davidson
Windows 10 64 bit/Windows7 64bit
Clarion 9.1.11529/Clarion10 12567
Nettalk 913
Nettalk 1015
StringTheory267/Winevent515/XFiles298/MessageBox239/Cryptonite186