NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Alignment of prompts and entry fields in mobile mode  (Read 2062 times)

hkalmbach

• View Profile
    • Email
Alignment of prompts and entry fields in mobile mode
« on: December 12, 2016, 05:29:46 AM »
Hi together,

I am creating a mobile a with Nettalk 9 and there I have a simple form with some entry fields.
These entry fields have prompts as usual. In desktop mode the prompts are aligned left and in some kind of second column the entry fields are aligned left.
In mobile mode the entry fields are not aligned left, but begin shortly after the end of the prompt, that means at different positions.
This does not look well.
Is there are possibility to change this?

Second question: Is it correct that choosing different themes in a mobile web server procedure does not produce differences in the appearance of the forms?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Heinz

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Alignment of prompts and entry fields in mobile mode
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 06:58:49 AM »
Hi Heinz,

I would probably do this an alternate way.
At the moment there's a "desktop mode" and a "mobile mode", but it's a fair bit of work, for you and for me, to maintain both.
So I've moved more towards making a desktop web app which works well on multiple screen sizes.

I've chatted about this a bit during the webinars, and this "desktop for small screens" approach seems to work well, and ultimately delivers a better result.

Check out
http://www.capesoft.com/accessories/NetTalkUserGroup.htm

some specific references to this are;

#114 : 0:04 (Bram)
#119 : 0:24 (Peter)
#122 : 0:39 (Edvard)
#125 : 0:12 (john)

there are more there as well, but I think those cover the basics...

cheers
Bruce