NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Webserver Example #3 , login does not work on IE6, IE7,IE8. Is this Expected ?  (Read 5165 times)

britech

• View Profile
Hi folks,

I just comiled Example #3 (Basic login Page) , with Nettalk 5 PR24 , on 6.3 9055.
The page works but the login does not repond when you click the Login button.
It works fine on Fire Fox and Safari.
IE 6, IE7, and IE8 are all on different machines. After entering demo,demo, for logon, nothing appears to happen from the Browser's perspective.

Suggestions?
Brian

NT5 PR26
6.3 9055

rjolda

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi Brian,
Some of the stuff just does not work right in the older IE's.  I think that the logins do but the bowses are butchered - the older IE's just do not have the javascript support!
I developed a NetTalk App on my laptop and it ran fine.  I then put it on my XP server and had it running.  I opened the site with IE on my XP server and the browses were nutso... It drove me crazy - I revisited the code and settings and files on the server.  I finally downloaded firefox onto my XP server and it then displayed everything as expected!
Did you try logging into the site with Firefox???  If so, does it run as advertised?
Ron

britech

• View Profile
Hi Ron,

It works fine with Safari and Fire Fox. My concern is that the bulk of the folks that would use such a thing would be using IE6, IE7, or IE8. Our target audience is govt and corporate. I don't find anything other than IE in those places.

Java is loaded on the IE6  machine and it stilled failed to work.
Keep in mind, this Example app is pretty generic, and I remember it working back in NetTalk 4.0

Has anyone else successfully tested the Example # 3 in NetTalk 5 on IE6, IE7, or IE8 ?

Look forward to comments/suggestions.
Brian
NT5 PR26
6.3 9055

bijan

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi Brian:

It must be your security level in IE. It is a Java script. It works fine in my IE7 using NT5. When I increase my security level to high in IE, it won't login.

HTH

Bijan

britech

• View Profile
Hi Bijan,

I've tried changing the Security Settings on my browsers for both IE7 and IE8, and I'm having no luck.
Was there a specific setting that you made to let the login script run ?
Brian
NT5 PR26
6.3 9055

bijan

• View Profile
    • Email
Brian,

Tools, Internet options, Security/Level for this zone set to medium high or medium. Try reloading the page again. IE also freaks out with Java scripts inside an iframe. I find it not executing the buttons especially if iframe is used. I was testing to see if I can run my forms inside an existing web page.

Bijan

britech

• View Profile
Thanks Bijan,

I set the zone security as low as it would go (Medium), and still no luck.
I would have thought that the example #3 would work straight out of the box.
Doesn't bode well for my work if I can't get the example to work.
I'll have to send an email to Capesoft. I've wasted 3 hrs on this already.
Brian
NT5 PR26
6.3 9055

Johan de Klerk

• Johan de Klerk
    • View Profile
    • Designer Software
Hi Brian,

There was something PR24 that IE did not like.
Bruce has fixed it in PR25.

Download PR25 and test again, it should work fine with PR25.

Regards

Johan de Klerk
Clarion 10, NT 11.57

britech

• View Profile
Thanks Johan,

I have PR 25 installed and I'm getting the same problem with IE6 - IE8. All different machines.
I've enabled Java scripts, set the security to low, still no luck.
I can open IE8  and Fire Fox on the same machine. IE8 fails on the login, FireFox works perfectly.
Still scratching my head. ????
Brian
NT5 PR26
6.3 9055

britech

• View Profile
Problem Solved !
Thank you Bruce.

I failed to update the Web directory with the new PR 25 files. Once I did that IE 6,7,8 worked fine.
I appreciate everyone's suggestions.
New mantra... "Always replace the web directory,  Always replace the web directory ........."
Cheers,
Brian
NT5 PR26
6.3 9055

bijan

• View Profile
    • Email
Brian,

'New mantra... "Always replace the web directory,  Always replace the web directory ........."'

NT5 installation program installed the web folder for the demo app. I didn't have to do this. I only do this for my own apps. Were you working with an older version of the demo app?

I am glad you got it working.

Bijan

britech

• View Profile
yes, I had copied the demo app over to a production server during PR24.
When PR25 came out, I just recompiled the app and copied the exe to the production server, not realizing that the web directory should have been updated as well.
Brian
NT5 PR26
6.3 9055