NetTalk Central

Author Topic: WebServices Errors in Simple Client  (Read 3431 times)

astahl

• View Profile
    • Email
WebServices Errors in Simple Client
« on: April 05, 2019, 04:55:14 PM »
What could be the cause of the following errors,

Error = Unable to Close connection.||The error number was -34 which means Could not find connected client in Simple Connect Client or Server.||Error occurred in function NetSimple.CloseServerConnection

Error = Error sending data.||The error number was -40 which means Could not send NetSimple Data.||Error occurred in function NetSimple.Send,WebHandler

Would there be any way to capture these errors and deal with them without the server hanging?

PS. I am also using CapeSoftMessageBox which is not closing these messages.

Ashley

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: WebServices Errors in Simple Client
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 02:20:38 AM »
Hi Ashley,

>> Error = Unable to Close connection.||The error number was -34 which means Could not find connected client in Simple Connect Client or Server.||Error occurred in function NetSimple.CloseServerConnection

most common cause is that the connection was already closed by the other end. This error should be ignored. (preferably without displaying a MESSAGE statement).

>> Error = Error sending data.||The error number was -40 which means Could not send NetSimple Data.||Error occurred in function NetSimple.Send,WebHandler

This typically means you were trying to send data to the other side, but there was no connection to them - maybe because you did not open it, or maybe because they closed it.

cheers
Bruce

astahl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 05:48:52 AM »
Should I turn off CapeSoftMessageBox? Or is there another way to stop the message from apprearing.

The timer is set for 2 seconds in CapeSoftMessageBox then close automatically. I was just trying to keep a log of messages.

Thanks Bruce

Ashley

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 09:56:09 PM »
you can set message box to not display at all I think. Certainly in hand-code if not in the template itself...

cheers
Bruce