NetTalk Central

Author Topic: NT web app with multi-select drop list  (Read 474 times)

jking

• View Profile
    • Email
NT web app with multi-select drop list
« on: November 07, 2023, 08:00:35 AM »
Hello,

Using a drop list control, I would like to select multiple items and have the drop control "remember" the items selected.  Currently, when multiple items are selected the target field is set to:

;|;multiple;|;

Bruce showed some code on how to query out the multiple selections in a previous post on August 21 2023.  The problem with this is that the target field still has:  ;|;multiple;|; and this will not work when we query the file for the results...we would expect to see the items selected in the target field.  Also, when opening the form again, the drop does not display the items selected.

When multiple items are selected, the drop list should store them in the target field, separated by a comma, or some other separator character.  Then, when opening the form again, the user would see the items selected in the target field.  It would also be nice to have a selection limit property. For example, limit the user to 3, 4 or 5 selections from long drop lists.

I mentioned all this in an earlier post on Nov 4th, and Bruce indicated he would look into this after the CIDC.  While waiting, I thought I would see if anyone had thoughts on how to work around this in the interim. 

Currently I use check box controls for each item to select.  See attached image.  This takes a lot of screen real estate, and there is one field in the tps file for each checkbox item.  With a multi-select drop list I could have one field in the tps file and one control on the form.

Anyone have thoughts on how to approach this better, until the drop list can do this?

Thank you,

Jeff King