NetTalk Central

Author Topic: NT5 to NT6 App not working  (Read 3001 times)

springguy

• View Profile
    • Email
NT5 to NT6 App not working
« on: June 16, 2012, 06:41:54 PM »
I have a NT5 app (static page environment) that runs fine.  I decided to update to NT6, and all seemed to go fine - compiled fine.  Didn't do any changes (not using headers and footers, just static html pages).

However, anything that is not static is not working now.  The app is based on example 3 (basic with login).  On the login, at the validate update routine - 2 End embed, I have a test to call the appropriate static page.  The calling code is:

p_web.RequestFileName = 'dmemain.html'

This never gets called, and in fact, the validate update routine is never getting called.

If I go to the browser address field and manually key in a page address, which is a static page with html buttons, that works fine.  If I click on one of the html buttons that calls a page that has a call to a browse, the browse appears, but nothing is interactive - can't click on a row, buttons, etc - nothing responds.

What am I overlooking in the upgrade?

Mike

springguy

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: NT5 to NT6 App not working
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 04:14:41 PM »
Still pulling my hair out on this...

I have gone ahead and dealt with the header/footer as requested in the upgrade docs (I don't use them, but they are in the app from the original web3 example that formed the basis for this app).  No change.

The NT6 example web 3 works fine, but my app does not.

I think (maybe) the fact that in my app when you click the login button that the update validate routine is not being called is symptomatic of what is wrong.  But I can't find the problem in the app.  Settings are similar to the NT6 web3 example.

I've reloaded the NT5 app, and recompiled (NT6 templates), I get the message that the web folder is out of date, and it copies in the NT6 web stuff, then it gives a message that it is going to run GZIP and it does that, BUT at the end of the GZip, I get an Error Editor screen with nothing listed, but it has a Red X in it.  I click the Continue button and the app compiles without error.

Stumped in Texas....
Mike

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 09:22:26 PM »
change something in the WebServer procedure, and see if re-generating that helps.

But this is Clarion 6 right?

Next thing to do would be to inspect the code for the login button, using firebug, and see if any javascript errors are in the console log, or if anything happens when you press the button etc.

cheers
Bruce

springguy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 01:41:13 AM »
Bruce,
No change with regenerating the webserver procedure.

But, with firebug, I get this error when the page is loaded:

$(this.element).find(''input'').not(''/nt-locator'').off is not a function
   .off(''keypress.nt.form'')         jquery.nt-form.js(line41)

When I click the login button - nothing happens and firebug does not show anything happening.

Mike

springguy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 01:56:48 AM »
Bruce,
As I think about it, you gave me a hint on the solution to this problem in your comments about the browse filtering a browse question.

You said:
your problem is that you've manually embedded all the javascript, and style files in your static htm page. All you need to include the NetTalk stuff is
<!-- Net:c:Head -->
not lots of
<link href="/styles/jquery-ui-1.8.custom.css" rel="stylesheet" />
<script src="/scripts/modernizr-1.6.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
lines.

If you remove all the unnecessary then it seems to work ok. [End Quote]

Well, in my static page, I had the <!-- Net:c:Head --> and then that long list of styles and scripts.  I removed them and left only the <!-- Net:c:Head --> and the error in firebug disappeared and the login form works correctly.

Thanks for the expert advice (and I really am not ignoring your advice about migrating away from static with dynamic methods - just working on an appropriate header design in NT).

Mike

springguy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 04:07:30 AM »
Bruce,
OK, running into one glitch here.

Per my last post, removing the styles and scripts specifications in the static page solved the problem of the app being non-responsive to clicking buttons or rows etc.  However, as I am fixing that, I am finding that when I click a button to insert/change on a browse screen, the update that appears is not the static page with dynamic (form) content, but just the NT generated form (no static page).

As I look at the browse template, I see in NT6 that you have allowed specifying different form procedures for each browse button - that's great.  However, the Advanced button to allow you to specify a URL when the form control is called does not appear to be working anymore.  It just calls the update form procedure instead of the specified html page (hence I get just the NT generated form and not the static page that then calls the form).

Can you help?
Mike

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 05:02:30 AM »
Make sure you don't have the form set as a popup Mike.
If still no joy, then I guess post an example.

cheers
Bruce

springguy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 05:45:03 PM »
Bruce,
The form is not a popup.  So, I've attached a simple app consisting of 2 static pages and 2 procedures (browse and form).  Each of the static pages has a simple text content before the dynamic content.  You'll see the browse displays below the static text, but when you go to the form, the static content is not displayed, just the webform content.

I can't find a template setting or combination of settings that might work around this.  What seems to make sense to me is to allow selecting either a procedure OR a URL for each of the buttons on the browse.  Short of that, to at least allow the Advanced Tab's URL entry to work like it did in NT5.

Thanks,
Mike

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2012, 02:13:10 AM »
fixed in 6.34.

springguy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2012, 06:15:43 AM »
Thanks Bruce - you are the greatest!!!!!