NetTalk Central

Author Topic: HIDE "Exporting to PDF progress window"  (Read 4308 times)

Robert Iliuta

• View Profile
    • Email
HIDE "Exporting to PDF progress window"
« on: May 16, 2010, 04:06:20 AM »
Hallo,

When I print something to PDF (SV PDF) the exporting to pdf window appear always on server. Is there a way to display this window on client side? then how to hide that window on server ? How can I solve this ?

Thank you ,

Regards,
Robert

Poul

• View Profile
Re: HIDE "Exporting to PDF progress window"
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 08:07:05 AM »
pretty sure you can just Hide(?theWindow) on the server.
The client notification would require some of the techniques that have been discused here recently.

bwhisler

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 10:21:09 AM »
I don't think it would be that simple. It has been awhile but I traced it once for a different reason and the window is being opened I believe within the ABC class. That class by the way is a result of several other calls all originating from a single call with Nettalk, thus the opportunity to hide it is not possible from within our code.

Hopefully someone case prove me wrong but is what I remember<vbg>.

Robert Iliuta

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 11:06:49 AM »
Hallo Poul,

Can you explain me how to hide that window ? I don't know how to hide that window ......

Thank you whisler for post. There must be a solution...... I cannot believe in a system with more then 200 users and if they begin to print :-)) .... that window it will always open on the server side......

Hope to be a solution for this

Robert

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 10:31:15 PM »
Hi Robert,

Bear in mind that when the app is running as a service, the window is automatically hidden anyway - at least under recent versions of Windows.

Also, I think, many folk are using the Tracker PDF-Tools rather than the SV ones as they are vastly superior and generate much smaller PDF files.

I'll have a look to see if the SV window can be suppressed though, and keep you posted.

cheers
Bruce

Robert Iliuta

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 01:59:17 AM »
Hallo Bruce,

I did not have a huge no of printed pdf files and there are no big reports... and PDF-Tools is not very cheap , maybe it's good but for now I will go with SV PDF. Sorry but this app will not be made to run as a services.
I will wait...to see if there will be any way to hide that window.

Thank you,
Robert

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 09:53:58 PM »
Hi Robert,

I wasn't implying that you can't or shouldn't use it, merely pointing out why most people probably have not seen the issue. You said;

>> There must be a solution...... I cannot believe in a system with more then 200 users and if they begin to print :-)) .... that window it will always open on the server side......

It was to this I was addressing my remarks.

The window itself is in a method in \clarion6\libsrc\abwmfpar.clw called WMFDocumentParser.GenerateReport.
Unfortunately the WMFDocumentParser object is not declared in your window procedure, so it is difficult to override it there. While you could derive a new WMFDocumentParser class, it would be difficult to plug the new class into the ABC class tree.

My recommendation therefore, if you want the window to be hidden, is to add a single line of code
0{prop:hide} = 1
to the ABWMFPAR.CLW file.

If you figure out any other solutions please let me know.

cheers
Bruce

Robert Iliuta

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 11:19:13 PM »
Hallo Bruce,

I modified the AT(0,0,0,0) instead of hide , with hide there was a small fliker before to hide the window. Now it works ok. I have just one question:
I would like to rename this file and then to let my program include this file instead of original one.
How can I include this file just for this app ? It's possible ?

Thank you,
Robert

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 01:30:17 AM »
no, unfortunately it's part of a class, so you can't rename it, or move it. Sorry.

Robert Iliuta

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 06:29:26 AM »
Hmm this is not good... also what advantage has PDF-Tools ? can we hide more easy the progress window ? also PDF from Klarisoft works with NT?
There is a way to have reports in html ? Also what other options I have for reports and format?

Thank you,
Robert

kevin plummer

• View Profile
    • Production Accounting and Software Payroll
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 05:35:28 PM »
RightReports from Capesoft - have not used
List and Label - not cheap and not sure what 3rd party support there is any more but you can do PDF and HTML from same source code.

Poul

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2010, 09:22:44 AM »
IF its the std progresswindow, in the embed right after the window is opened; i did not think it flickers, if you hide it - unless there is some deeper code/window ...   (but you could put your at() code here as well)