NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Unhiding a tab only works once  (Read 2336 times)

Thys

• View Profile
    • Incasu
    • Email
Unhiding a tab only works once
« on: October 12, 2011, 03:18:08 AM »
Hi,

On a form in wizard mode, there is a feature to hide or unhide tabs - using conditions on the tab and resets on the fields that determine whether the tab must display or not. It seems like this works once only - thereafter the tab can not be shown or hidden unless the form is closed and opened again.

Attached is an example of this using web1.app:

1. In the dct I added DateOfBirth column to the Mailboxes table
2. In the MailboxesFormControl:
- Change the form type to wizard
- Added a new tab ConsentForm with tab hide if condition "p_web.GSV ('Underaged') = 0"
- Added the DateOfBirth field on the first tab with a reset of the ConsentForm
- Added server code for the DateOfBirth field to set the Underaged value (simplified algortihm)

Test this by first entering a date that is older than 18 years - the Consent Form will not display. Press Previous and enter a date that is younger than 18 years - the Consent Form still doesn't display. Conversely the Consent Form will display if a recent date is entered, but it will also display by changing the date to an older date.

It may be the conditions on the tab (Tab Condition and Tab Hide IF) that I've got wrong - but I tried many different options without success.

Thys

[attachment deleted by admin]

kevin plummer

• View Profile
    • Production Accounting and Software Payroll
Re: Unhiding a tab only works once
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 04:03:17 PM »
Thys what NT version are you on? I had some issues with hide/unhide Tabs on 5.34 but apparently these were fixed in a later version.

Thys

• View Profile
    • Incasu
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 09:33:37 PM »
Kevin,

I'm using 5.37. I had this problem since previous versions and thought it was solved. After my client said the problem still persisted I decided to test it in another app - hence the example in web1 that I attached.

Thys

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 10:00:32 PM »
Hi Thys,

unfortunately I can't break your example here (using 5.38) except for one case:

If I don't "tab off" the date, but just click "next" then in some cases the "next" button request completes before the "date of birth accepted event" completes. Which hence causes some confusion. If I "tab off" the date field, then click next, it works flawlessly.

Can you confirm this is the same for you - or do you get an error in other circumstances?

cheers
Bruce

Thys

• View Profile
    • Incasu
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 10:44:13 PM »
Bruce,

I tried to be very precise in what is entered first (minor date or older date) and whether I click Next first or not. It's really a mess - I can't seem to get a pattern.

Thys