NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Performance Control dependency Question  (Read 3082 times)

de la Rosa

• View Profile
    • Email
Performance Control dependency Question
« on: May 03, 2019, 07:32:33 PM »
Hi,

If my application has several NetWebServer instances listening to different ports, which instance does the performance control defaults to? is it possible for the performance Tab to monitor a particular NetWebServer instance? In particular I'm trying to enable websockets on a NetWebServer instance and would like to know whether the websocket connection is being opened as my watch variable doesn't seem to get updated. At the moment, once there are two or more NetWebServer instances, the Performance Control stops working.

Thanks,
Vic

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Performance Control dependency Question
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 10:57:02 PM »
Hi Vic,

While it's possible, it's probably beyond what you should reasonably be doing. (In other words this is one of those cases where "if it's not obvious what to do then it's probably too hard to explain it to you".)

I'm not wanting to be condescending here, it's just rather complicated so not something that's "easy" for you to do. A better approach would be to ask;

a) why multiple servers on different ports? and

b) if genuinely different servers (not just redirects) then I recommend multiple windows in the program, each with 1 server. That will be a LOT easier to debug and also understand.

cheers
Bruce

de la Rosa

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Performance Control dependency Question
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 05:15:46 PM »
Hi Bruce,

Sorry for the delay in responding but for awhile  I couldn't see beyond Feb posts in nettalk central. Anyway, It was only when the performance tab was introduced that I saw a problem but had older C6 NT5 apps that simply got updated to newer NTs and didn't have perceivable issues as it worked fine. Basically, I use different ports for different services, so now will just have to create separate server windows for each one then.

Thanks,
Vic