NetTalk Central

Author Topic: NT12 and Clarion Version?  (Read 2303 times)

osquiabro

• View Profile
    • Email
NT12 and Clarion Version?
« on: November 20, 2020, 05:07:21 AM »
Hi Bruce, what version of clarion did you test the NT 12 version? I saw several posts that the latest version of clarion has problems with clarun.dll

osquiabro

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: NT12 and Clarion Version?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 09:09:15 AM »
I have secwin 7.1 and NT 12.01 and in the documentation it says:

Adding Secwin to a NetTalk Web App

Access Control
Adding Secwin Extension Templates (required)
The WebServer and WebHandler procedure both have custom Procedure Extension templates which add the Secwin support to those procedures.
Add the FOR WebServer Procedure extension template to the WebServer procedure.
Add the FOR WebHandler Procedure extension template to the WebHandler procedure.

but can't see this.

any demo available?

DonRidley

• Don Ridley
  • Global Moderator
  • donaldridley2011@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 07:47:59 AM »
The FOR Webserver and FOR Webhandler are local extensions.

For example, go to the local extensions for the Webserver procedure.  Click insert.  Find the FOR Webserver extension and insert it.  I cannot remember if it's a NetTalk or SecWin extension but I'm pretty sure it's under SecWin.

I don't think there are examples yet for the SecWin integration as NT12's official launch is not until December 11th.  But I'm sure Bruce will have something ready by that time.

See ya and good luck.
"Eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however unlikely, must be the truth."

NetTalk 12.55
Clarion 11

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2020, 01:41:54 AM »
>> Bruce, what version of clarion did you test the NT 12 version?

I'm doing most of my development work (including NetTalk 12 and Secwin 7) in Clarion 11.0.0.13630
all the examples (well _almost_ all) are in Clarion 8, so I often try things there as well.
Overall I'm not aware of any Clarion version specific issues - although of course there have been gazillions of Clarion bugs fixed over the years, so later versions are always recommended.

Note that Clarion 11 has the wider template window - which I'm now used to - so some template prompts etc may be truncated in Clarion 10 and earlier.

>> I saw several posts that the latest version of clarion has problems with clarun.dll

There are _always_ posts from people with all kinds of problems. That's been true since Clarion 1.0. If there's a specific issue you have in mind then by all means ask about that - but referring to "posts" without actually talking about specifics isn't generally useful. If you are waiting "for everyone to be 100% happy" before using a version, well, then I guess you're always doomed to wait forever.

>> The FOR Webserver and FOR Webhandler are local extensions.
>> For example, go to the local extensions for the Webserver procedure.  Click insert.  Find the FOR Webserver extension and insert
it.  I cannot remember if it's a NetTalk or SecWin extension but I'm pretty sure it's under SecWin.

Yes they are Secwin 7 extensions designed for NetTalk 12 servers.

I do have a demo - not sure if it's shipping yet - I'll follow that up in the next build.

cheers
Bruce

osquiabro

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2020, 04:01:05 AM »
thanks Bruce and Don but i don't see this...

>> The FOR Webserver and FOR Webhandler are local extensions.
>> For example, go to the local extensions for the Webserver procedure.  Click insert.  Find the FOR Webserver extension and insert
it.  I cannot remember if it's a NetTalk or SecWin extension but I'm pretty sure it's under SecWin.

osquiabro

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2020, 04:10:09 AM »
I saw, it is on version 7.02 of secwin