NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Browse Sort and Display Problem  (Read 2248 times)

RichBowman

• View Profile
    • Email
Browse Sort and Display Problem
« on: August 03, 2012, 05:06:18 AM »
I have a Browse with one drop down list. For one of the selections in the list I use one sort order (call it sort 1), for all the rest I use another (call it sort 2). Both sort orders match keys in the table perfectly.

Sort 2 works fine. Sort 1 displays the last n records (where n is the number of rows in the Browse). The Previous and First buttons are active, the Next and Last are not. When I click either the First or Previous button the screen clears and returns to the drop down list. Her are the prop:order and prop:filter statements:

ThisView{prop:order} = +UPPER(ITM:ProductCode),+UPPER(ITM:FinishSortField),+UPPER(ITM:GradeSequence),+ITM:SizeSortSequence,+ITM:ImasterID'

ThisView{prop:filter} = 'UPPER(ITM:ProductCode) => <39>F<39> AND UPPER(ITM:ProductCode) <= <39>Fz<39>'

I'm puzzled?? Any ideas?

Thank you,

Rich Bowman

kevin plummer

• View Profile
    • Production Accounting and Software Payroll
Re: Browse Sort and Display Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 06:09:46 PM »
Generally it is an XML compliance problem caused by adding HTML or ticking allow HTML in a column of the browse. Use FireFox and the XML Tab to debug and see the error.

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Browse Sort and Display Problem
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 11:33:23 PM »
I'm not sure I understand the setup;

>> I have a Browse with one drop down list.

does this mean you have a form, with a drop-list and a browse. And the drop list affects the browse. (like the DropFilter example).

or does it mean you have a browse with EIP on a column - and that EIP happens to be a drop list?

cheers
Bruce