NetTalk Central

Author Topic: How to put a button anywhere into a netbrowse or form?  (Read 2384 times)

jorgemir

• View Profile
    • Email
How to put a button anywhere into a netbrowse or form?
« on: October 03, 2010, 02:31:36 PM »
Hi. I need to browse the sales using a date selector. So I need a button wich calls a calendar and then filter on the date selected. I can not find how to put a button somewhere in the page so the user can select the date. This must be done anytime a user wants to change the date and then refresh the browse.
Thanks
Jorge

kevin plummer

• View Profile
    • Production Accounting and Software Payroll
Re: How to put a button anywhere into a netbrowse or form?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 02:50:00 PM »
From memory I think Bruce just added this to the latest pre-release.

Rene Simons

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 11:48:37 PM »
Hi Jorge,

I read somewhere in Bruce's posts that, when you define a lookup and the lookup field is a date field, the date picker will appear.

The "somewhere" would be above the browse, below the browse or both. According to your locator settings in the browse definition. Also, the date field to be filtered must be in the browse.
When the date field is not in the broiwse you might need to define the browse in a form an create a local date field in the form. On change you can filter the browse.

NTWS 5 is needed though.

Rene
Rene Simons
NT14.14

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 12:44:56 AM »
Hi Jorge,

you're on the right track. I think the example DropFilter will also help.

The idea is that you create a netWebForm containing a date field, and a browse. When the date changes the Browse updates. (ie the Browse is on the Reset Field List for the Date).

If the form field type is a Date then you get the date lookup button.

This'll work in NT4 or NT5.

However in NT5 there are a lot of nice ways for the user to enter the date. For example if he types "next month" or "last quarter" or "this year" and so on he gets dates. So NT5 has a "smarter" date field you might say.

Cheers
Bruce

Wolfgang Orth

• View Profile
    • oData Wolfgang Orth
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 03:44:29 AM »
I can not find how to put a button somewhere in the page so the user can select the date.

Jorge,

if you provide a unique CSS-Selektor to this button, you can not only place it above or below the browse (however, that are useful places) but anywhere you want.

Mozilla Firfox has an Addon called "Pixel Perfect" that lets you find the right position pixelwise. (requires FireBug, another extremely useful Addon).

hth
Wolfgang