NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Previous navigation button gets lost  (Read 1722 times)

jhalpin

• View Profile
    • Email
Previous navigation button gets lost
« on: September 29, 2010, 11:39:33 AM »
Hi. NT5, C7...

One client has a large number of identically named items in a browse (very unusual - you would expect them all to have mostly distinct names, but hey, he's a client). This field is the default sort order for the browse, which makes sense for the remainder of the table's contents (which contain more or less distinct names).

When you navigate forward, no problem. Use the locator, no problem. Navigate backward (Previous), and the browse list gets stuck on those items with the same name. The web server is responding, but the displayed items do not change. The other fields in each record provide visual confirmation of this. If you go forward again, no problem. If you use a locator again, no problem.

Has anyone seen this behavior? The browse routine seems to be losing its place.

Thanks,
Jim

kevin plummer

• View Profile
    • Production Accounting and Software Payroll
Re: Previous navigation button gets lost
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 04:09:37 PM »
There have been some issues in the past with characters like # breaking the browse but they have been all fixed. If you are not on the latest version try that first. If still having probs and it is a TPS file you may like to run it through TPSFIX and rebuild the keys on the file in case the file is simply corrupted. There should be no issues with non-uniuque names unless that is your unique key of course!

jhalpin

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Previous navigation button gets lost
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 11:14:57 AM »
Hi, Kevin

It is a TPS file (a keyed field, but not primary or unique); I ran TPSFix - no errors. There are no special characters involved, just a large number (approx 50) of identical strings. I'm using release 29, so I will try it with the latest. Thanks.