NetTalk Central

Author Topic: ourMailQ.TextMessage does not have text of message  (Read 4226 times)

mtabakin

• View Profile
    • Email
ourMailQ.TextMessage does not have text of message
« on: September 25, 2012, 12:43:28 PM »
Built a program to receive emails and based upon the Sender extract 140 characters of the message body and send an email (actually an SMS message) to a cell phone. This program used code from the NT example "Email Receive With Dont Download Again" for most of the processing. If the Sender (ourMailQ.From) is in the list of senders I want to trap, then I extracted 140 characters from ourMailQ.TextMessage after stripping out leading blanks to compose an outgoing (SMS) message to the cell phone. All seemed to be working well for quite a few months (this was developed in May 2012) but now the ourMailQ.TextMessage does not seem to aways seem to contain the "text" of the message. Sometime it has the text "This is a multipart message in MIME format". Has something changed or am I going about grabbing the text of the email in the wrong manner?

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: ourMailQ.TextMessage does not have text of message
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 12:14:35 AM »
Hi Mike,

There have been some refactoring of the Email class along the way. The class is a bit "old" and was desperate for some love. It's possible (if you have an old build) that the problem has already bee sorted. So grab an up to date build and let me know. (It it hasn't been sorted then email me, and I'll instruct you where to forward the errant mail to, so I can run it through our test system.)

cheers
Bruce

mtabakin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 07:35:35 PM »
Hi Bruce,

Didn't get to the client until today. Here's three eml files of the e-mails where the TextMessage queue entry did not have the text of the message. Hopefully it shows you something.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 11:16:00 PM »
unfortunately those files are in MSG not EML format. So they're not really in a form which is useful. I have a test mail box though - if you send the emails, as emails, directly to that mailbox then I can read them with the NetDemo app and see what it says.

The mailbox to send it to is nettest at my normal domain (capesoft com).

cheers
Bruce

mtabakin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 08:01:08 PM »
Been off fighting fires and will try to get client to forward sample e-mails to me.

But in the meantime another "potential" issue seems to have appeared. This application is based upon the code found in the example "emaildontdownloadagain.app". Since NT 6.48 came out I decided to recompile my app and see what happens. I have noticed that now every time the program runs it downloads all the email each time. The emails.xml file is getting built and read in but still all the emails get downloaded each time. So I compiled the emaildontdownloadagain.app example and ran it. Now am I right in understanding that this example should only download a given email once, keeping track of them in the emails.xml file? This does not appear to be the case. Each time I ran the example program it re-downloaded all the emails present on the server which by the way is at 1and1.com. So what is happening in my app is also happening in your example. Or am I misunderstanding what this example is supposed to be demonstrating?

Don't know whether this is related to the missing body text issue I initially contacted you about but it is an issue unto itself if my understanding of the example is correct.