NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Can a Web Server send SOAP requests and get responses to an external server?  (Read 2775 times)

rjolda

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi All,
NT10.15 C8.
I have a Desktop app with a Web Client which makes requests from a REST server and gets the responses.  ( Same as SOAP - almost).  I have moved my desktop app to the Web with NT10.  However, I am trying to understand the process for making essentially a SOAP type request and monitor for the response for the client connected to the web app.  May have to get to the socket level??  Anyone with some insight and guidance?
Many thanks,
Ron Jolda

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hi Ron,

Basically making a web client request, from a Server program, is pretty much the same as making it from a desktop program.

a) make a procedure, with a window, and nettalk web client, which makes the request and gets the response in say a string. Make this window _completely_ automatic - ie runs and closes itself. Ultimately make the window hidden as well.

b) then from your web UI you have say, a button, which when pressed, the embed code runs the procedure in a. You can then parse the result, send back a response to the browser and so on.

If you're not sure then come to the User Group webinar this week, ask a question about this, and I'll walk you through the process.

cheers
Bruce

rjolda

• View Profile
    • Email
Bruce,
Many thanks.  I was starting to go down that path using the E-Mail procedure.  I did get the Web Client procedure working today.  Also, found it referenced in the Building Web Applications with Net Talk - CIDC 2017 edition under "Interacting with other servers" - around page 232 - for anyone who is interested in implementing this!
Ron