NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Is it possible to have Multi-Sort on a NetWebBrowse  (Read 2037 times)

Ubaidullah

• View Profile
Is it possible to have Multi-Sort on a NetWebBrowse
« on: August 09, 2011, 07:25:26 AM »
Hi,

Is it possible to allow the user to sort on more than one column in a NetWebBrowse? Sort of like in a normal Clarion app, the user can click on the header of a column to sort, then holding Ctrl-click on another header will sort within the first sort.

Thanks & Regards,
Ubaidullah Nubar.

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Is it possible to have Multi-Sort on a NetWebBrowse
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 10:21:20 PM »
Ctrl-Click? no, you can't do that.

Actually I'm very aware that with touch-based-devices the use of right-mouse buttons, "magic keys" or anything like that is to be avoided.

You can override the sorting for a particular column though - for example when the user sorts on the DATE column I usually set it to use the Date and Time fields in the sort order, that sort of thing. So on the Sort tab for each column you can define the sort order which matches that column.

It's also possible to add additional interface elements (buttons etc) that sort the browse according to whatever order you like. That's slightly more complex (ie you'd need to add a bit of embed code) but it's not hard.

Cheers
Bruce

Ubaidullah

• View Profile
Re: Is it possible to have Multi-Sort on a NetWebBrowse
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 08:57:16 PM »
Ctrl-Click? no, you can't do that.

Actually I'm very aware that with touch-based-devices the use of right-mouse buttons, "magic keys" or anything like that is to be avoided.

It doesn't have to be Ctrl or another "magic key". It could be a variable set with a checkbox. Then the NetWebBrowse would consider the existing sort order when a header is clicked and sort within the existing sort. That would give the user flexibility in sorting instead of hardcoding multiple sorts.

Regards,
Ubaidullah Nubar.