NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Login not working after 10.36  (Read 3058 times)

willieb

• View Profile
    • Email
Login not working after 10.36
« on: November 03, 2018, 10:47:51 PM »
Here I go again ...

After loading Nettalk 10.36 there are 2 of my apps where the login page is broken, the others do work.

The issue:  On the login page, I enter login credentials then when I click the "login" button the login page just reloads.  Nothing was changed on my login pages, they just stopped working after installing Nettalk 10.36.

I tried:
- Checked and unchecked the "delete session" option in template.
- Deleted the "State" file.
- Put the app in a whole new folder on server (clean install).
- Compared working vs not working login page and source.

Any other suggestions?

DonRidley

• Don Ridley
  • Global Moderator
  • donaldridley2011@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Login not working after 10.36
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 03:10:05 AM »
Is it a popup form?

I would use your Firefox or Chrome developer tools and follow the "bread crumbs" for lack of a better term LOL.

Or, look at your NT server's log and see pretty much the same activity.  (The dev tools are easier for me personally).

Observe the activity in the devl tools when you click to "login."  You should see your POST being processed.  You see be able to see your login credentials as passed parameters.  Double check that your login form is doing what it's supposed to.

Are you processing the login in the login form or in the WebHandler?  Either way, double check that your session values are getting set.  If you're not already, I highly recommend moving the login processng to the WebHandler. 

Under the Project Properties, Compiling tab, set NetShowSend and NetShowReceive to 1.  Then you can observe everything NetTalk send and receives in DebugView.  Pay close attention to you Request and Response headers and the passed parameters.

There were no changes, according to the NT history, that should have affected the login.

If you still cannot get in, shoot me an email and I would be glad to remote in and take a look at what's going on. 

donaldridley2011@gmail.com

Best of luck,

Don

"Eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however unlikely, must be the truth."

NetTalk 12.55
Clarion 11

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 10:16:06 PM »
check your console for JavaScript errors, but most likely cause is that you have code in the procedure to
delete the session. Or do an automatically logout. Or both. Remove that embed code.

cheers
Bruce

willieb

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 02:19:17 AM »
Hi Guys,

Thank you for the tips ... been trying everything with no joy and all of the sudden the login worked again ... I don't know what I did, but I suspect it had to be with the "hash" I make "hidden" using the "Hide Condition".

I have another app that gave me the same issue, will let you know should I get that one fixed.

Thank You