NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Parent Browse resets to 1st row after returning from child browse form  (Read 3339 times)

LSlowick

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi,

I have a parent and child browse on a form tab. The parent browse has 10 rows and if we page down and then click on one the child browse rows to open the childs form when you close the form the orignal parent browse gets reset to the first row of the first parent page.

When returning from the child browses form how do I get it to stay on that same row for the parent and child?

Thanks

LSlowick

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Parent Browse resets to 1st row after returning from child browse form
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 04:52:57 AM »
I think I was on 7.25.. but I upgraded to 7.28 and tested before posting the question. It still occurs with 7.28.

LSlowick

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 01:20:55 PM »
Bruce,

I'm having some difficulty getting my simple test app... parent browse with child browse to have the same symptoms. Not sure why, but maybe you have some idea or direction for me to look to see why my full app is doing this.

In my full app I have similar issues in several places. The simplest situation is a parent browse with a child browse to the right. All are view only... if a child browse record exists and I open it's form when I close the form the parent browse resets to row 1 of that page.

Now ... This is a little different than my original issue (same app different procedures) which was that it resets to the 1st page, row 1, but the issue may be related somehow??

To be specific...

I have a parent BrowseCustomers with child BrowseOrders to the right. BrowseOrders has a form. After highlighting a BrowseOrder record and returning from the viewing of the form the parent BrowseCustomer resets and highlights the 1st or top record of that page.

I have little or no embedded code in these two browses. The form for the BrowseOrder is fairly large with 8 tabs accessing multiple tables. All in view mode.

I'm a little confused as to why my app does this yet the my test app is ok. I tried to make the test as similar to my actual browse apps as possible without all the data and fields.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Lee

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 07:05:45 PM »
Hi Lee,

Unfortunately I'm guessing that anything you describe here you've experimented with in the demo, so there's precious little insight on that front.

Maybe build the small test app with your real dict - maybe it's something to do with the keys you're using, or whatever. If you like email me the test privately when you have it.

Typically it's not hard to make a new app, and then pull in just those procedures that are exhibiting the problem.

cheers
Bruce

LSlowick

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 09:42:31 AM »
Bruce

I sent you via private email a test app with these procedures using our dictionary.

Let me know if you don't get it.

thanks
Lee

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2013, 12:52:26 AM »
Hi Lee,

I don't have an update yet - it's been kinda crazy here for the past little while, and remembering that it's our summer holiday now things are likely to stay a little crazy for the next few weeks as well. I currently have a LOT of NetTalkCentral threads open in my browser (meaning they are unresolved) so you're not alone.

Cheers
Bruce

LSlowick

• View Profile
    • Email
Bruce

Any progress on this issue? I've updated to the latest Nettalk 7 version and still have this refresh problem.

Thanks
Lee

LSlowick

• View Profile
    • Email
Bruce

Wondering if you can take a look at this issue, maybe you forgot or it just got pushed to the bottom of the list? The browses are still being reset to page 1 instead of returning to the page where the form was called from.

If you want me to resent the test app I can.

Thanks
Lee

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hi Lee,

-- some unimportant posts in this thread removed to make the thread shorter

I've re-tested the example in NT8, and although it's not corrected in 8.17, I have fixed it for NT 8.18.

However there may be a small tweak you can make to your netweb.tpw file to fix the problem.
NetWeb.Tpw
Circa line 12570

if Loc:LocatorValue <> '' and loc:ActualSelection = ''

should be

if Loc:LocatorValue <> '' and loc:ActualSelection = '' and false

Let me know if that helps.

LSlowick

• View Profile
    • Email
Bruce

Great! I'll give that a try and let you know how it works.

Thanks