NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Queue Inside Group - WebServices  (Read 3111 times)

urayoan

• View Profile
    • AZ Rock Radio
Queue Inside Group - WebServices
« on: March 31, 2015, 07:48:36 AM »
Hi all and Bruce.

It is possible using the WebServices Methods to receive a QUEUE inside a Group? What is the best approach?

???

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Queue Inside Group - WebServices
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 11:15:25 PM »
Hi Ura,

it's do'able, but it's not trivial.
You would need to create a queue reference (ie &whateverQueue) in the group, then you need to handle that in the xFiles method (as described in the xFiles docs.) You would need to do the same for the jFiles object if you were supporting JSON.

Plus then the WSDL and docs etc become a fair bit more complicated.

In short - it's a lot of work for you - how badly does this seem like a good idea?

cheers
Bruce

urayoan

• View Profile
    • AZ Rock Radio
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 05:10:30 AM »
Well Bruce, the idea is to send Login parameters and some other details as group and a queue with specific test that i need to validate connecting to another web service outside mine.

The return will be a group with validation data and a queue validating each test in the previous queue.

The idea is to make just one call to my web service.

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 11:03:17 PM »
sure - but does the Queue need to be _inside_ the group?
Having a group and a queue as parameters, and having a group and a queue in the reply is trivial. Putting the queue inside the group is do'able, but a fair bit of work...

cheers
Bruce

urayoan

• View Profile
    • AZ Rock Radio
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 08:47:21 AM »
Well maybe is a misconception how i like to send the information in the request. I want to make one request with WebService Login information and a queue with the data i want to validate. For some reason i my mind makes sense to send all the data i need in the web service

I did the exercise to send the queue inside the group and is a fair bit more complicated. Doable, but not reliable as i want it to be.

I will try to send the group and the queue in the same request and see how it goes.

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 01:02:28 AM »
Hi Ura,

yes, your 1 request can contain multiple "parameters" - in other words it can contain a group, a queue, a bunch of other fields, whatever you want. Think of them like parameters to a procedure - you can pass as many as you like, you aren't limited to only one "kind".

Same for return values. Unlike a Clarion procedure, which can only return one thing a NetWebMethod can return any number of things - variables, groups, queues, whatever.

Cheers
Bruce

urayoan

• View Profile
    • AZ Rock Radio
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 05:30:26 AM »
Thank you Bruce