NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Mobile App Questions  (Read 1471 times)

irissystems

• View Profile
    • IRIS Systems
    • Email
Mobile App Questions
« on: September 08, 2013, 04:59:28 AM »
Hi,
Many of my customers keep asking for "Apps" for their smartphones. As nettalk runs in a browser I need a way to create a download for the smartphone that will install the app. I am able to create a tile and have the user set up a tile that points to launch the url but I don't know how to have this install automatically. Basically I need things to look and install like the "Apps" that everyone keeps seeing everywhere. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate any help.

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mobile App Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 09:51:40 PM »
Hi Iris,

as you point out the NetTalk app runs in a browser and iOS let's you add a web page as a bookmark to the screen as if it was an app. You don't really install it, it's just a bookmark (but it looks like an app icon on the main desktop screen.) Not sure if Android does something similar, but I'm guessing it does.

In the more medium term we are investigating the creation of stand-alone mobile apps (for a bunch of mobile OS's) which would fundamentally be "server free" apps - ie ones which are written in HTML and JavaScript, then packaged and installed via the appStore, PlayStore or whatever. We're likely to debut that towards the end of this year.

cheers
Bruce