NetTalk Central

Author Topic: hiding and unhiding tab  (Read 4011 times)

irissystems

• View Profile
    • IRIS Systems
    • Email
hiding and unhiding tab
« on: February 10, 2010, 08:16:16 AM »
how do i cause a radio button to cause a tab to hide or unhide. I set a condition on the tab but when I check the radio button nothing happens until I use a lookup. if i refresh the screen i leave the window. thank you in advance for any help.
Steve

Mike Grigsby

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - onthedotsoftware
    • View Profile
    • MyHomeAssets! Software (among others)
Re: hiding and unhiding tab
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 11:48:02 AM »
Steve, just brainstorming here, but what if you made the tab (like the description) a local variable and reset the variable when the radio button value changes?
Mike Grigsby
Credify Systems
Central Oregon, USA

kevin plummer

• View Profile
    • Production Accounting and Software Payroll
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 02:39:40 PM »
make sure when you click the radio button you have the tab set to refresh on the server side tab of that control.

if that is ok, add some debug to check the values of your condition. you may not be using the seseeion queue etc

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 11:36:39 PM »
at the moment you can't hide / unhide tabs dynamically.
It's on my list though.

cheers
Bruce

charl99

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 06:46:59 AM »
Hi Bruce,

I did a search on this on the site...

I might aggravate other people here, but I for one am prepared to wait for 5.16 if you can get this OFF 'your list'.

I can get around it, but imagine the include and hide conditions, plus the nice tab Headers, that can be resolved if you can manage to get this done.

I'll give an example, imagine a standard questionnaire, like if you apply for a stupid UK Visum application:

Section A - always
Section B - Maybe always, but nice new Header easily
Section C - You're a stupid or clever student somewhere in Section B
Section ? - maybe if you are a South African and not from Australia (I have an eye on the cricket  :) ) visiting the UK on Business
Section ?+1 - a poor South African on a Tourist visum
Section ?+2 - another poor sod from SA just travelling through Heathrow and you miss Her Majesties soil entirely, you still have to pay some fees, God forbid hopefully never again
Section X, etc

The immediate benefits and less coding if you can place all this in one Form (conditionally on the tabs) will make the Internet work in Egypt, the alliens might land, etc  ;D .

Can you please have another look at this and advise.  I'm almost begging in cyber space...

Thanks
Charl

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 07:18:57 AM »
Hi Charl,

It almost certainly won't be in 5.16 - that's already delayed, so only bug fixes are going into that release.

But there are a bunch of features (this is one of them) that need to move up the list a bit.

cheers
Bruce

ccordes

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 08:45:50 AM »
Charl,

This has been an issue since early version 4 tabs. There is some difficultly handling tab structures once they are created in html.
How we handled this was to create a generic 'Other Tab' and grouped entry fields together setting the include option for each.
This works on the things that change on form load.
For things that change from the Radio selection on the front tab, we used the Hide condition. Then add all the related fields, prompts,values and comments to the radio button refresh list.

You may have to edit the CSS formatting for the form table as the lines between fields remain.

HTH,
Chris
Real programmers use copy con newapp.exe

charl99

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 06:25:13 AM »
Is it maybe possible to introduce a GROUP Type in the interim where I can hide or include the whole GROUP, for I am about to kill my laptop on this stupid field by field process?

I am not complaining...

Thanks
Charl

ccordes

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 07:02:49 AM »
 In the embed in that routine, you can hand code all the Do myField::Value lines which is much faster than having to pick and add fields to the refresh list.
Take a look at the code that gets generated for just 1 of the refresh fields.
Real programmers use copy con newapp.exe