NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Login validation NetTalk 6  (Read 2997 times)

CaseyR

• View Profile
    • Email
Login validation NetTalk 6
« on: January 13, 2012, 02:10:28 PM »
Hi,

I am converting an app from NT 5 to NT 6 and have run into a problem getting validation to fire on the converted login form.  My old form worked but it was called from a Chrome menu instead of Double Drop.  The  Basic with Login example works.

The form is Memory as in the Example called from the  Double Drop menu, with no parameters (although I have tried with .?change_btn=change as well).  Default form action is set to Change, but have tried with none.  Automatic validation is turned on, but have tried with off.

Here is the trace output for each p_stage:
On calling
[93280] [netTrace][thread=3] Login Form: Stage = 16384
[93280] [netTrace][thread=3] Login Form: Stage = 0
[93280] [netTrace][thread=3] Login Form: Stage = 8192
[93280] [netTrace][thread=3] Login Form: Stage = 16386

On entering user id or password
[93280] [netTrace][thread=3] Login Form: Stage = 65536

But clicking the Login button does nothing but return to the Index page.  Any suggestions on where to look would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

DonRidley

• Don Ridley
  • Global Moderator
  • donaldridley2011@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Login validation NetTalk 6
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 03:53:04 PM »
I had something similar happen to me.  I TXA'd the procedure out, deleted the procedure, and imported it back in. 

Fixed it for me.

Don
"Eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however unlikely, must be the truth."

NetTalk 12.55
Clarion 11

bruce2

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 08:45:09 PM »
A couple people reported something similar, but no one has sent me an example of the effect yet. And I haven't managed to duplicate it here. SO if you can please email me an example of the effect.

John Fligg

• View Profile
    • Ambrit Software
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 12:34:22 AM »
I have something similar with a NEW NT6 app but it is not reporducible when I want it to.

But I have found a solution.

In the WebServer I have:

DefaultPage = 'LoginPage'
LoginPage = 'login.htm'

every so often login fails in that it does nothing but bypasses all the validation code and goes straight to the index page.

What I find works is to change the LoginPage to 'index.htm' recompile and run then change it back and all is OK once more.

You do not realise anything has happened until you tru to call say BrowseContact when of course because you are not logged in it fails.

The only clue I can provide is it happens when you change something in the web server procedure.

I will try to keep an eye on things from now on and see if I can reproduce it.

John

John Fligg

• View Profile
    • Ambrit Software
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 12:53:07 AM »
it just happened again and this time I did not touch the webserver but removed a global extension template.

See attached because I am confused.

As you will see the LoginPage is set to index.htm - that was the only way to get login to work as with it set to 'login.htm' (as it was all day yesterday) it did nothing - no validation and did not go anywhere.

But now I have changed it to index.htm it is validating again.

It seems that every so often something happens and switching between login.htm and index.htm seems to fix it.

Trouble is this is a big app with a few 3rd party templates. But maybe this sequence will help?

Weird. And how can 'index.htm' work as the login page???? But it does!

John

[attachment deleted by admin]

kevin plummer

• View Profile
    • Production Accounting and Software Payroll
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 03:28:42 PM »
Whats the name of your login page? Login or LoginPage?

Try changing your login page and default page to 'LoginPage' not 'Login.htm'

If the index page is set to only allow logged in users then it will automatically redirect you to the login page as set on the template.

CaseyR

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 12:13:02 PM »
Thanks, Don, John, Kevin
The export to TXA and reimport worked great.  Didn't try the change to login setting in the NetWebServer settings.

Bruce, sorry I can't send you the problem app.  It has several custom templates and classes and I can't replicate the problem in simple example.

bruce2

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 08:24:08 PM »
It's possible it just needs to generate the web server procedure. If it happens again just touch a setting in the web server and compile again.

Cheers
Bruce

John Fligg

• View Profile
    • Ambrit Software
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 12:59:39 AM »
I have this happening a lot these days. Seems much worse since 6.15 but that could be a coincidence.

I can only narrow it down to making a change in the web server procedure seems to lose in my case the connection to the login page.

However if you go in and do as Bruce says it does fix it but a bit annoying.

John

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 05:35:26 AM »
I don't think it's related to the login page specifically John, that just happens to be the first page you come across with the error.
all you need to do is touch any setting in the Webserver procedure to force it to regenerate and compile again. changeing the session timeout by a minute seems to do the trick.

cheers
Bruce