NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Set menu access issue  (Read 2593 times)

rjmiller

• View Profile
    • Email
Set menu access issue
« on: February 20, 2014, 09:40:26 AM »
Hi, I mentioned this previously but felt that it had been specific to IE 11.  It doesn't appear to be.  After importing the DCTX provided in Secwin 6.31 all functions properly except that it seems that there is a refresh issue between the secwin datafile and the memory files... or some such.  I made a short video showing what happens.

The link is below

http://screencast.com/t/NRtrRUfB4pT

I can proceed as is now that I know how to get around it but very inconvenient... at least during intial development of security strategy.  I doubt that the menu will change from day to day once the project gets into production.

Thanks.

RJ

rjmiller

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Set menu access issue
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 06:07:51 AM »
I have also noted another issue that I believe stems from the same source.

If a user logs out any menu items he has access to are available until the home button is hit.

If he updates a form the parent browse isn't updated until an insert of an item is done.

All done without being logged in.  I am going to attempt to have the logout button select home in an attempt to work around the security issue.

RJ

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 06:33:26 AM »
Hi Rick,

>> If a user logs out any menu items he has access to are available until the home button is hit.

Absolutely. If you have a "logout" button or something similar you should set the URL so the top page in your app is refreshed.

this is not a bug - it's by design.

Cheers
Bruce

rjmiller

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 06:47:01 AM »
How about the failure of set menu access to find any items until a "key" on browse or form accessed? 

Was the vid helpful?  I thought it was sort of cool way of showing things.  You don't always follow my logic or lack thereof in my posts. :) 

This normally happens after a logout and then login.

RJ

rjmiller

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 01:05:42 PM »
Bruce, I am using SecWin so it is going to the secwinloginform which I guess checks if user logged in then does a logout.

Should I attempt to put a self._sendfile to the index page in an embed in secwinloginform?

RJ

Nick

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 03:33:15 AM »
How about "Delete session at logout"? WebServer > Extension Nettalk Simple...

Nick