NetTalk Central

Author Topic: MultiSite crashes when browse accessed...  (Read 3358 times)

rjmiller

• View Profile
    • Email
MultiSite crashes when browse accessed...
« on: October 08, 2012, 03:41:53 AM »
Hi, I have a multisite host.exe running with static site and dll site.  No problems with static site but dll site runs until browse clicked on menu.

I am using NT 6.46.  This application runs as an exe.

My guess is that this is due to the naming of the datafile... it is a very simple test app generated by wizard, just a single datafile with two field, ID (prikey) and name (string).

DLL folder is c:\development\c8 projects\dlltest\ and datafile is user.tps.  The dct file name is !glo:userfilename which is set in the handler embed in the processlink before parent call.

The only thing I saw unusual (compared to your pdf for creating multisite) is that I see no way to set parameters for handler.  Not shown like shown in actions in webserver.  I have given the handler a name of webhandler in prototype (it was not set by default).  And when changing to DLL CWUTIL.INC was not found.  I copied the c7 file cwutil.inc and cwutil.clw to the dll folder.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 05:03:53 AM by rjmiller »

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MultiSite crashes when browse accessed...
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 05:06:12 AM »
Hi Rick,

I think you need to send me the app for me to comment. It's impossible to speculate what you might have wrong without seeing the app.

cheers
Bruce

rjmiller

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 05:14:53 AM »
Thanks, attach here?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 05:22:14 AM by rjmiller »

rjmiller

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 02:30:21 AM »
Bruce, did you have a chance to look at this demo app yet?

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 01:42:33 AM »
yes, I started looking at it, but my multi-host won't compile because I was midway through modifying the SelfService template. That task is now complete, so I should be able to revist this today or tomorrow.

cheers
Bruce

rjmiller

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 03:39:15 AM »
Bruce,

I have totally trashed this demo app a couple of time and am still getting the dlls crashing on access to browse.  Seems to be when datafiles opened on touching the browse.

I notice in docs it states that all must be generated with same version of clarion.  Is it possible that there is some type of problem with the dll's shipped with the latest clarion causing this?

RJ

rjmiller

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 11:38:22 AM »
Bruce,

Have you had a chance to try this?

RJ

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 09:56:36 PM »
Hi Rick,

I've spent hours and hours on this, but finally tracked down the root of the problem.

first though, something that's wrong that wasn't causing the gpf, but which wil cause you pain later on. Your global variable (declared in the dictionary) called Glo:UserFileName needs to have the THREAD attribute turned on.

Second - the SelfService extension (which is designed to be added to an exe) should be removed from the DLL. Actually I'll make a version of SelfService (3.38) which "goes quiet" in a DLL to avoid this problem in the future, but because of the way SelfService deals with threads, this was the root of the GPF when accessing a file.

cheers
Bruce
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 11:18:25 PM by Bruce »

rjmiller

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 07:29:21 AM »
Geezzz... thanks.

I should know better than this!  Just didn't even think about it when I switched from exe to dll.

RJ