NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Record Not Found (-2) when clicking on View button after Search; NetTalk 7.2  (Read 1613 times)

vsorensen

• View Profile
    • Email
I've generated a simple application and found that if I use an immediate locator on a browse, clicking the View button on one of the found records initially results in a "Record Not Found (-2)" error because the primary key ID value hasn't been saved.  If I wait a few moments and then click the button, the correct record comes up and there's no error.  In the log I notice that the difference on the server side is that a "rowclicked" event occurs before the call to the form in the second case.

I tried to replicate this using the Web71.app (changing settings as attached) and found a different problem.  There's no error, but clicking the View button does not bring up the form until the second click. 

It appears that the row is not selected when one first clicks on the View button for that row, which is what the end user expects.  How do I resolve this?

------------------------------------------------
Steps to reproduce:
(1) Modify web71.app as in the attached screens and run the app, open site in IE 10
(2) Browse Customers
(3) Locate (Contains) Name:  POST
(4) Click on the "View" button for the only record that meets the criteria  Nothing happens.
(5) Click on it again.  Form comes up.
(6) Clear search, locate google, click on "Change" button for the only row showing, nothing happens.
(7) Click on it a second time, form comes up.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Well I don't know if it will solve your original problem, but I've fixed the issue causing the behavior in the example for the next build.
Thanks for the report.

cheers
Bruce

vsorensen

• View Profile
    • Email
Ok, I will try the new build when it's available - thanks!

Vince