NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Multi-Site host app  (Read 12618 times)

jking

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Multi-Site host app
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2012, 07:49:26 PM »
Bruce,

More info,  the error tab on the host app shows "DLL Caused GPF- automatically made inactive".  This app runs fine as an exe.  What could be the problem with this dll?

Thanks,

Jeff

jking

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2012, 08:14:54 PM »
Bruce,

Another question...in the instructions for compiling my app as a dll, you mention adding (string p-String) to the parameters list of the WebHandler procedure.  There is no parameters entry field on the properties screen, like there is on the Webserver procedure.  In looking at the code, the parameter list contains (String, p_ReqString) and this cannot be changed.  Is this an important detail?

Thanks,

Jeff

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2012, 10:10:21 PM »
>> What could be the problem with this dll?

One of the tabs on the Host window covers the most likely reasons for a GPF in the DLL. 3 things as I recall.

As long as the Prototype of the WebHandler procedure is
(String p_String),Name('WebHandler')
you're ok onn that front.

cheers
Bruce

jking

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2012, 06:33:01 AM »
Bruce,

The three items are:

1.  Webserver prototype has name attribute...mine does.
2.  WebHandler prototype has name attribute...mine does
3.  NetWeb version of DLL and host app do not match...I presume this means botht he host and dll must use the same version of NetTalk.  Mine does.

So I'm at a loss as to what to do next.

Thanks,

Jeff

jking

• View Profile
    • Email
Partially solved Re: Multi-Site host app
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2012, 10:55:28 AM »
Bruce,

I found the problem with my first app.  I had not placed the app folder directly under the host folder.  Now that I moved it, the host app recognizes my app dll and it runs fine using SSL on a non-standard port with my wildcard certificate.
     So with a bit of confidence, I tried a second NT app that has secwin installed.  I'm not having much luck with this app.  I think the problem lies with the secwin files:  SecWinOperators, SecWinOperatorsUserGroups and dssw5.  When I set the name attribute for these three files in the ProcessLink embed I get errors about unknown identifier...please see attached image.  Anything you can suggest here?

Thanks,

Jeff

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2012, 09:47:55 PM »
unknown identifier.
Means that the compiler doesn't know the name.
Which means the table is not being included in your app.
Have you go the secwin extension added to this app? If you look in the app.clw file do you see the table declaration with that name?

specifically you're looking for the name
Secwin_OperatorsUserGroups
Maybe you misspelled it?

cheers
Bruce

jking

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2012, 07:30:18 AM »
Bruce,

I re-imported the secwin tables to my dictionary and re-imported the secwin procedures in my app.  Now the errors are gone.  However, I cannot include the dssw5.tps security file in the process link embed, since it is not defined in the dictionary.  Is this necessary and thus the cause of my problem?
     The host still deactivates this app.  I have attached a zip file containing the app and dct.  If you have some time could you take a look?  I don't know what else to do.

Thanks,

Jeff

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2012, 07:32:55 AM »
I'll take a look Jeff.

How many of your DLL's are going to be using Secwin? I'm not sure to what degree the Secwin stuff is "safe" across multiple DLL's running under multi-host. That's something that might take some considering.

cheers
Bruce

jking

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2012, 08:44:09 AM »
Bruce,

Thanks for taking the time to look at this.  As for other dll's using secwin, ideally I would like to be able to create many NT apps using secwin.  Currently I have two without secwin and two with secwin.  These NT apps will handle multiple research projects with patient data so security and access levels is important.  Secwin makes it easy to add what I need. 
     The key issue now is that at our satellite office, we have servers that will host these apps, but we have limited IP addresses.  So using the wildcard certificate and multi-host will be a big help.  Hopefully the multi-host will enable me to manage a mixture of secwin and non-secwin apps.  Please let me know if this becomes a big project as we can help offset some of the cost if needed.

Thanks,

Jeff

jking

• View Profile
    • Email
Fiollow up - Re: Multi-Site host app
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2012, 08:52:05 AM »
Bruce,

Just a follow up....have you had a chance to look at the app I attached in the last post?  It still gets deactivated by the host. 
     I did have success with another very similar app that has secwin installed.  The only difference is this new app uses the in memory secwin files whereas the problem app uses all tps files.  I converted the problem app to use the in memory secwin files but this did not help.  Still searching for a solution.

Thanks,

Jeff

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2012, 12:20:41 AM »
Hi Jeff,

the solution does not appear to be trivial. we're looking into it, but I'm out the office all of next week, so it'll likely be some time before we get there.

Incidentally, since you're running your apps on a non-standard port anyway, why are you needing to run under the multi-host? why not just run each on a different port?

cheers
Bruce

jking

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2012, 08:19:56 AM »
Bruce,

" likely be some time before we get there..." 

thanks, I'll try to be patient!<G>.

"why not just run each on a different port..."   

I do currently run my 4 NT apps on different ports now.  However, two of our research collegues are at institutions that require the use of port 443 and do not allow any use of non-standard ports.  So assuming I can get the multi-host app to run my NT/SecWin dll apps, I will move all of them to port 443 so we don't have any similar issues in the future.

Thanks,

Jeff