NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Problem with losing security access level  (Read 2226 times)

Mike Grigsby

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - onthedotsoftware
    • View Profile
    • MyHomeAssets! Software (among others)
Problem with losing security access level
« on: March 14, 2008, 08:02:24 AM »
I've had reports of this problem from some customers, but can never reproduce this myself.

I'm using the newest pre-release of NTWeb, but it's happened in the prior released version as well. I'm using the example login system verbatim. An administrator has a LLVL of 99, and a user who is not logged in is 0.

For some reason, the admin goes around and is working for quite awhile (though I haven't pinned it down). Suddenly their security level is reset to zero and they can no longer do any more admin work. I'm thinking it may be due to their system timing out, but they claim it was in the middle of their work without pause.

Anyone have any ideas on how this might happen? Once the level is set, I'm not doing any changing of the security. I'm at a loss, and the clients can't tell me exactly how it's happening.
Mike Grigsby
Credify Systems
Central Oregon, USA

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with losing security access level
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 10:51:20 PM »
Hi Mike,

I would tend to agree with your assessment that the session is timing out.
2 things you could try;

a) lengthen the timeout, and see if that affects things.

b) capture the log to disk - then next time it happens inspect the log to see what the gap was between their last access, and the one before that.

Of course it's possible you're doing something in your code to log them out, but I'm guessing you've checked for that.

Cheers
Bruce