NetTalk Central

Author Topic: This problem cost me over 3 weeks - Be careful when copying procs  (Read 13755 times)

Mike Grigsby

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - onthedotsoftware
    • View Profile
    • MyHomeAssets! Software (among others)
I fought this problem for easily 3 weeks. I had a problem with child procs on a browse duplicating over and over again on a page. I finally realized I had copied procedures that did essentially the same thing, tweaked slightly, but had not had their "pagename" changed to different values.

So if you get this duplication of page info, over and over, make sure the Page Name is not a duplicate of its parent. Bonehead mistake but maybe it will save you time.
Mike Grigsby
Credify Systems
Central Oregon, USA

ccordes

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: This problem cost me over 3 weeks - Be careful when copying procs
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 02:01:57 PM »
 :(
Sorry to hear that, Mike.
I just went through the exact same problem and didn't realize how extensive it was until I happened to call one of the forms and then Yikes!. Since I had a lot of procedures and I'm lazy, I made a template utility to help out with this problem. I meant to post it last week.

Maybe it will help someone else, too.

It is based on the Application Print wizard. This utility was originally meant just to show which templates I used throughout an app. Now it shows the procedure name and the webfile name for each procedure.
If you select to show webnames only, it will allow you to reset all the webpage names to procedurename.htm. (except the index.htm)
It also finds another error that i am guilty of - I out HTML in the heading and sub-heading lines without checking the Allow xHTML check box. If it sees a < in the heading or sub-heading text or if it doesn't start with a quote, it will warn you if the checkbox isn't checked.

Just copy it into the template or 3rdparty template directory and register it.

If there is anything else that might be helpful, let me know.

Chris C

[attachment deleted by admin]
Real programmers use copy con newapp.exe