NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Bug or undocumented change?  (Read 2044 times)

urayoan

• View Profile
    • AZ Rock Radio
Bug or undocumented change?
« on: February 15, 2021, 05:02:40 AM »
Hello Bruce:
  Recently we updated out NetTalk version to the 12.07 version. I noticed something (specifically with my older code) with buttons.

I have a display control as a button, after the update to NetTalk 12.07, that button does not display anything. Doing some experiments and i found out that the display, to work as a button needs an image (previously that wasn't necessary). If that button does not have an image, just simple fill with the text and color (primary i think) and worked fine.

The other thing I noticed is, if I set a button as submit, the button never renders in the browser. Change it to button type make it appear. In my case, I just work around and set it as a button where I used a display, and change it to a button type.

Because and example say more that thousand words, I attached and example.

Thanks
@ Urayoan

PD. I forgot to include the Display as button, it has the button option, but is not clickcable. Something I am missing?

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Bug or undocumented change?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 10:06:17 PM »
Hi Ura,

In the beginning the "display" form field type was the way to add a button. After that the Button type appeared, and that became the preferred way to add a button.

The checkbox still exists, but it can only be "unset" not set - in other words you can't make new fields of Display / Button.

I think what you're seeing is that some of the button functionality is not being duplicated in the Display/Button and the solution to that is, as you noted, to switch the field to be a Button type, not a Display type.

I will look into generating a warning that a field of Display/Button exists so that you can identify, and switch over, all those kinds of buttons.

Cheers
Bruce

urayoan

• View Profile
    • AZ Rock Radio
Re: Bug or undocumented change?
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 03:45:54 AM »
Thank you Bruce. I did that and in effect, the problem was gone, but it took me a few hours until i got what was the problem. What you said makes complete sense and the warning (or at least a mention in the release notes) should help.

Thank you again

I will look into generating a warning that a field of Display/Button exists so that you can identify, and switch over, all those kinds of buttons.