NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Firefox 3 supported?  (Read 5192 times)

Alan Telford

• View Profile
Firefox 3 supported?
« on: June 19, 2008, 06:34:41 PM »
It seems as if all the AJAX functionality (e.g. column sorting, next/previous on browse) does not work in FF3.

If I use IE7, then it all works, but if I switch to FF3 it all stops working.
The odd thing is I've been using FireFox3 for 2-3 weeks (Release Candidate 1) and sometimes it has worked - but other times it doesn't work.

I get the same behaviour on 2 different computers (WinXp and Vista). I've checked "Tools | Options | Content" and I have both "Enable Java" and "Enable JavaScript" turned on.
I also get the same behaviour in the "web31 - Accounting" example app, as well as in my application.

Is anyone else having problems with FF3?

Mike Grigsby

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - onthedotsoftware
    • View Profile
    • MyHomeAssets! Software (among others)
Re: Firefox 3 supported?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 10:48:52 PM »
I've had some very odd things happen--enough I don't run it on my development machine. I can always get FF3 (newest version) to crash when navigating about godaddy.com.
Mike Grigsby
Credify Systems
Central Oregon, USA

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 02:02:37 AM »
Hi Alan,

Well the good news is I can duplicate the effect here. Tracking down specifically what is different was tricky, but I'm glad to say the fix is very simple.

Obviously the fix will be included in all future builds. However, if you don't want to upgrade your NetTalk just yet, or if you need to "retro-fix" and older program then you can follow the steps below. If you need your program working in FF3 before I release the next build then also just apply the steps below.

1. Open the source file  \clarion6\libsrc\netweb.clw
2. search for a routine called Calc_ContentType. There is only one routine with this name in the file, so it should be easy to find.
Inside this routine is this snippet of code;

if loc:z
    self.RequestBoundary = '--' & self._GetHeaderField('boundary',self.RequestContentType, 1, size(self.RequestContentType), 1, 1)
    self.RequestContentType = sub(self.RequestContentType,1,loc:z-1)
  end

An additional IF statement is required, resulting in this;

if loc:z
    if instring('multipart/form-data',self.RequestContentType,1,1)
      self.RequestBoundary = '--' & self._GetHeaderField('boundary',self.RequestContentType, 1, size(self.RequestContentType), 1, 1)
    end
    self.RequestContentType = sub(self.RequestContentType,1,loc:z-1)
  end

If you have any questions about this please feel free to email me of course.

Cheers
Bruce

Alan Telford

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 12:47:02 PM »
Thanks Bruce. That works great.

It took me a long time to test, as for some reason I can no longer run my test app locally.
It's an HTTPS web app, and the live version (on our hosted server) as a valid certificate.
I just use the same certificate locally on my vista laptop and ignore the certificate error. But ... suddenly it now says "localhost:881 uses an invalid security certificate. ..." and doesn't give me any options to continue.

But the same program and certificate works fine on my xp desktop machine.

Odd..

But thanks for fixing FF3. Much appreciated!!!!!

Alan