NetTalk Central

Author Topic: File transfer to the web app hosting server - which nettalk object  (Read 8557 times)

alex.kolaric

• Do it or do not, there is no try
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hi,

I have the following scenario. I have database and web server app sitting at the hosting server which are used for the web access through the browser. On the client side I have client app and local database used for creating documents. I would like to generate XML files for the docs locally and upload them to the hosting server where I would have another application which will serve for receiving those XML packets and importing them into the database used for web access.

Which objects should be used for this purpose? I guess that connection to the hosting server can be achieved using NetSimple object, but I'm not sure how to upload file using it. Can I use NetFileServer and NetGetFile objects if sending/receiving files within LAN?

I would also have to download packages from the hosting server back to the client.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex

alex.kolaric

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: File transfer to the web app hosting server - which nettalk object
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 10:06:26 AM »
Hi,

I guess that using of a SOAP server would be the best solution.

Alex

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 05:05:40 AM »
Hi Alex,

a SOAP server and SOAP client is probably the easiest to do - trivial really.

The existing web server app can also be the SOAP server, so you only need one app on the server side.

Cheers
Bruce

alex.kolaric

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 07:28:24 AM »
Hi Bruce,

thanks for the info. I already did it like that using combination of NT and IQ Xml. I was looking at the NT example for SOAP server and it gave me exactly what I need. As always NT saves the day :)

Regards,
Alex