NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Version 4.32 ships  (Read 14175 times)

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Version 4.32 ships
« on: May 25, 2009, 02:43:12 AM »
Hi All,

I've released the official 4.32 build -which you can download from www.capesoft.com

My thanks to all those who have contributed during the (rather lengthy) 4.31 existence. Certainly there have been some major changes, and almost 40 builds of 4.31 since 4.30, so this is a major update. It would have been impossible to do this much work, and keep it as solid as it is, without the help of all those who've been prepared to download, and use, the builds along the way.

4.32 basically encapsulates the functionality for NetTalk 4 now - and so NetTalk 4 is also officially "gold". We'll maintain NetTalk 4, and post new builds as necessary, but new features will mostly be added to NetTalk 5.

I'll post about NetTalk 5 within a couple of weeks - there are some core changes that are required, but I'm keen to keep the upgrade from NetTalk 4 to NetTalk 5 as simple as possible. Ideally it should not be any harder than any of the NT4 updates. That said there is some radically new technology, and some cool features that will be coming out during the NT5 cycle. Some of it is already done - some will take a bit of time, but we'll speak more about that as time goes by.

For now I recommend the 4.32 build, and I strongly recommend that anyone using any build of 4.31 changes over to it as soon as is practical for you. If there are any regressions then those will be sorted out as the highest priority. (I don't think there are any, but time will tell.)

Cheers - and thanks again
Bruce