NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Problem applying new certificate for a 9.15 webserver  (Read 2451 times)

AtoB

• View Profile
    • Email
Problem applying new certificate for a 9.15 webserver
« on: November 12, 2019, 12:55:23 PM »
Hi all,

a nettalk 9.15 webserver needs a new certificate and the tech. guy provided me one, but after replacing the old one the server doesn't work any longer. In the browser I get a "SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP" error ...

I'm a little reluctant to upgrade to the latest and greatest (regressions), so really would like to get the certificate to work

Does anybody know what can be wrong here or what should be a next logical step?

Can I check the provided files (.crt and .key) somehow?

I've attached a .log file which indeed indicates something is wrong with SSL ...

TIA

regards,
Ton

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Problem applying new certificate for a 9.15 webserver
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 08:44:35 PM »
Hi Ton,

It's not regressions you should be worried about.
You should be worried about using old tech. You are wasting your time here on problems that have already been solved in later versions.

Almost certainly the issue is that the CRT and KEY files are either not named correctly, or are not in the right place, OR
the key file has a password set no it. you need the key file without the password.

cheers
Bruce

AtoB

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Problem applying new certificate for a 9.15 webserver
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 02:37:01 AM »
Hi Bruce,

I think it was the password ... got a new set of files placed them and now it works!

(and yeah, I should upgrade for the reason you come up with ... but I like stability too every once in a while :-) )

Thanks!

regards,
Ton