NetTalk Central

Author Topic: NT 11.24 themes need work.  (Read 2467 times)

jking

• View Profile
    • Email
NT 11.24 themes need work.
« on: November 01, 2019, 06:00:21 PM »
Bruce,

Now that I have NT 11.24 in my C10 environment, themes seem to be broken.  Specifically, how do I fix things with the ShoeStrap2 theme?  I expect the themes to be consistent between NT versions, at least to a good extent.  They are not.  See the image GoodMenu.png.  It shows the current app compiled in C10, with NT 10 I think.  Next look at the image BadMenu.png.  This is a C10 app with NT 11.24 installed.  There is no box/border surrounding the entire menu items and some items have their own box/border.
   I have opened dev mode in my browser and started looking around.  I noticed for the menus, there is a nt-menu-items set to border:0.  If I turn this off in dev mode, then the menu has the border I expected.  See image FixedMenu.png.  So, I thought I could "control" this by adding something to my custom.css file:

.nt-menu-items {
 border: 2px solid red;
}

In the Theme.css file for the ShoeStrap2 theme, there is an entry:

.nt-menu-border {border:0!Important;}

I created a CustomT.css theme file and tried:

.nt-menu-border {
 border: 2px solid red;
}

Neither of these worked.  I need help getting ShoeStrap2 working in NT 11.24. 

Thanks,

Jeff

jking

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: NT 11.24 themes need work.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 10:15:27 AM »
Bruce,

I made some progress with the base theme.  The drop menus work as expected but I did have a few other minor issues.  These were fixed with entries in my custom.css file.  Is the base theme now the preferred one?

Thanks,

Jeff
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 10:21:21 AM by jking »

Jane

• Expert on nothing with opinions on everything.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: NT 11.24 themes need work.
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 11:27:07 AM »
Jeff,

I'd suggest you look at NT user group webinar 218 from Dec 27, 2018. 

In the first 25 minutes, Bruce discusses the NT 11 change to jquery 1.12 and how that affects the old NT themes and gives an overview of how to use the themeroller tool to customize the css.

Jane