NetTalk Central

Author Topic: NetSync Client proc needs files in Other Files  (Read 2694 times)

Alberto

• MSN Messenger - alberto-michelis@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • ARMi software solutions
    • Email
NetSync Client proc needs files in Other Files
« on: September 09, 2019, 06:42:37 AM »
I have the Client Sync proc in my data.dll

In the sync client proc, if I forget to add a File to be synced to the "Other Files" of the proc, the sync does not work, none error is posted. and the sync process runs over and over like there were no timer.

Since your last response to my other post, I take your desktop example and you are right, in this example theres no files in the Other Files of the proc, may be the problem is using the proc in a data.dll instead of an exe.

Ive deleted all the files in Other files in my sync proc and then, when runnig it first time all the Insert, etc columns are zero forr all files, which is ok, then if I run the sync again all the files are fully synced and the cycle repeats and repeates like theres no timer in the proc.

If I add the files back to the proc all works ok.
-----------
Regards
Alberto

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: NetSync Client proc needs files in Other Files
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 09:42:33 PM »
Hi Alberto,

>> Since your last response to my other post, I take your desktop example and you are right, in this example theres no files in the Other Files of the proc, may be the problem is using the proc in a data.dll instead of an exe.

I wouldn't think that would make any difference.

>> when runnig it first time all the [timestamp] columns are zero forr all files, which is ok,

right. Then touch a record, any record, in the table to get at least one of them set to "not zero".
Actually you can do this on the server - just have one or more records with ts and sts > 0.

>>  then if I run the sync again all the files are fully synced and the cycle repeats and repeates like theres no timer in the proc.

If the sync takes longer than the timer interval you've set then it'll start again when the first completes.

cheers
Bruce