NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Hide Menu when calling a memform with '_blank'  (Read 3022 times)

astahl

• View Profile
    • Email
Hide Menu when calling a memform with '_blank'
« on: May 24, 2019, 02:02:17 PM »
I have a procedure that I want to call on a '_blank' page/tab. I do not want to show the menu when this page is called, can this be done.

So how and where does the code go to hide the below the menu_div class for a specific page or set of pages. I understand this can be done with CSS using display: none;.

<nav id="menu_div" class=" nt-menu-div ui-corner-br">

Think of it as a sales manager logging in to the site. There is a menu item "Manage Sales People", he then views a list of all sales personnel.
On that list is a row button that when pressed takes him to a new page/tab that shows him all the invoices that the sales person has produced.

I do not want the new page/tab to show the menu on it or any of it's preceding page after that.

Ashley
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 11:47:48 PM by astahl »

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hide Menu when calling a memform with '_blank'
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 12:32:24 AM »
Hi Ashley,

There are several ways to accomplish this. That said, I'm not sure this will be a terribly nice interface. Opening a new tab, and no menu, basically means "no navigation on this tab" which might be quite a confusing interface. (This is one reason even having reports "inside a form" seems to work much better.) Users expect some sort of navigation other than "close the tab".

but hey, your app right?

so the way I'd do it is set a different header procedure for the target procedure. In other words on the "Browse Invoices For one Person" procedure, Advanced tab, you can set a custom header procedure (one presumably, without a menu.)

cheers
Bruce

astahl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 12:38:30 AM »
Hi Bruce,

Some people here when accessing GoDaddy's email settings as a admin like the way they done it when they look at an individual's email account.

Thanks Bruce!

Ashley

DonRidley

• Don Ridley
  • Global Moderator
  • donaldridley2011@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 02:17:10 AM »
Hey Ashley,

Are you using popups with this app?

Hey, give me a call later when you have time.

See ya!

Don
"Eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however unlikely, must be the truth."

NetTalk 12.55
Clarion 11