NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Memory forms, missing fields  (Read 3734 times)

jking

• View Profile
    • Email
Memory forms, missing fields
« on: March 28, 2019, 10:51:22 AM »
     I talked with Bruce today on the Thursday NetTalk Webinar.  I have a Save button on a memory form, and Bruce indicated this Save button will only work if the Generate Form Tag option is set on the General Tab.  However, in my app I find that no fields are created (shown) if this is set.  Has anyone else seen this behavior?  I have attached an image.

Thanks,

Jeff King

Rene Simons

• View Profile
Re: Memory forms, missing fields
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 01:12:14 PM »
Hi Jeff,
I have posted about this on march 15th.
There are some replies from Bruce and Don but I haven't had time to follow their advice.
Rene
Rene Simons
NT14.14

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 05:06:53 AM »
Hi Jeff,

check the developer tools console to see if an error is reported there? The most common reason to get a blank for is errors in the console.

cheers
Bruce

jking

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 11:57:26 AM »
Bruce,

I see no errors, at all. 

Jeff

jking

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2019, 05:59:50 PM »
Bruce,

I find that if I call the form (with generate form tag set) as a URL, then it has fields.  If I call it as a procedure, then there are no fields.  Is this expected behavior?  When you looked at my example apps, did you change the calls to a URL and that is why you always see the fields?

Thanks,

Jeff

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2019, 09:47:10 PM »
>> I find that if I call the form (with generate form tag set) as a URL, then it has fields.

right, because then you are calling it as a page, not as an ajax request. So that needs HTML not xHTML. It's also a very different path to the procedure, and in this case means you're getting the form from the server, not the local app. So in your context a very bad thing to do.

>> When you looked at my example apps, did you change the calls to a URL and that is why you always see the fields?

nope.

I think you just need to wait for the next build to solve your issue.

cheers
Bruce

jking

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 09:48:07 AM »
Bruce,

I now have 11.08 but it has not solved this issue.  When calling a memory form as a pop up, there is an option to include an action.  With my memory forms, I am not trying to insert/update any tables.  I simply put local variables on it to hold an entry to put in my filter.
     I found that if I set any action, with the Generate Form Tag set on, then fields appear on the form...when I call the pop up form from a button.  If I call the pop up form from a menu item, with an action set and Generate Form Tag set on, once again there are no fields on the form.
     It seems counter intuitive to have to set an action for a pop up memory form when it is not updating any table.  Does a memory form require an action?

Jeff
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 09:54:28 AM by jking »