NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Force display refresh of browse on pop up form  (Read 3103 times)

CaseyR

• View Profile
    • Email
Force display refresh of browse on pop up form
« on: April 08, 2019, 12:22:01 PM »
Hi,

I have a page loaded browse on a pop up form.  I have added a Tag All button to the form that updates the tag memory table and then resets the browse. The tag table is being updated properly and the browse is being reset but the check box/buttons are not changing in the display until one of the navigation buttons is clicked.    The display does not refresh automatically regardless of whether the browse is page loaded or file loaded.  The browse display does refreshe properly if the form is a page instead of a pop up.

Is there a property, I can set to trigger the display refresh?  Other way of doing it?

Much appreciated.  Thanks

DonRidley

• Don Ridley
  • Global Moderator
  • donaldridley2011@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Force display refresh of browse on pop up form
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 04:58:03 AM »
Hello Casey,

I think you'll have to look at the browse's Validate::YourTagField  Routine. 

Add code to change that field's value after you have clicked your Tag All button.

Then when you refresh your browse it re-validates that field with the new value.

Hope that helps,

Don
"Eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however unlikely, must be the truth."

NetTalk 12.55
Clarion 11

CaseyR

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 09:17:31 PM »
Thanks. Don

The Validate:: routine only fires when there is a manual change.   The Value:: routine does fire but it shows the right value for the Tag field and all temporary loc variable associated with it. It seems to be something in the JS itself that is saying 'no one had done anything to the checkbox so why go to the trouble of refreshing it'.  At a loss, as to what to do.

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 10:02:41 PM »
>> At a loss, as to what to do.

Post an example app showing the effect.

cheers
Bruce