NetTalk Central

Author Topic: NT10.23 Web Map, questions  (Read 2901 times)

Alberto

• MSN Messenger - alberto-michelis@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • ARMi software solutions
    • Email
NT10.23 Web Map, questions
« on: June 07, 2018, 09:48:22 AM »
I dont know if its because Im using a Memory file but it just does not work.
The only WP that can be seen is the Initial position and the busy gif stays there...
See image
Attached goes the sln app dct zipped (as less files as I can)
Its in 8888 (Iknow I shoud replce the varibles)
demo/demo
In the WebServer I fill the memory file
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 08:15:56 AM by michelis »
-----------
Regards
Alberto

DonRidley

• Don Ridley
  • Global Moderator
  • donaldridley2011@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: NT10.22 Web Map, cant make it work
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 06:37:31 AM »
Get Build 10.23.  The busy gif issue is fixed there. 
"Eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however unlikely, must be the truth."

NetTalk 12.55
Clarion 11

Alberto

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: NT10.23 Web Map, questions
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 07:05:46 AM »
1- the icon is not there... (see image) the layers.png are missing from the thems image folder, see my leter post.
2- I need to show the cities where the user sell products and its totals.
    Then the WayPoints depends on who logged in and some other filters.
    My idea is to use a MEMORY driver table to save the waypoint per user.
    Is this ok or is better to use a Queue?
3- The map is on a memory form, I need to fill the waypoints in this memory form because of filters I need to apply to the cities and invoices.
    In which form embed point must I fill the map data?
4- Ive seen that its obligued to set an initial waypoint, if I do not set one, then the map is blanked.
    I dont have any initial wp, then I need to calculate it to set it in the middle of the data wps.
    Will be good to use the same LOOP where the template reads the wps to calculate the medium latitude and the medium longitude. This avoids to use another loop before the
    p_web.SetOption(loc:MapOptions,'center','['&p_web.GetLatLng( IniLat ) &',' & p_web.GetLatLng( iniLon ) &']')
    Any way of set this after the wps loop?
5- How to set the zoom value depending on the waypoints to see initially all of them?
6- With Esri, any way of disable the wp grouping on the map? if they are closed depending on the zoom it group them in a circle.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 06:40:12 AM by michelis »
-----------
Regards
Alberto

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 11:18:32 PM »
The missing icon should be in your
\web\styles\images folder, it's called layers.png

update: - but you have (correctly) set performance mode, to web, so the images in \web\styles\images need to be copied into \web\themes\redmond\images

I'll tweak that so that the image is in a fixed position, not relative to the .css location though.

Regarding the points; the example was helpful here, so thanks for that.
the problem is that for the map, on the data tab, you have a filter set to 'CMD:Type=1'.
But when creating your data you have;
cmd:Type = random(1,5)

If I remove the filter, all the data appears.

cheers
Bruce

cheers
Bruce
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 11:32:34 PM by Bruce »

Alberto

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 04:53:24 AM »
Ive realized about my filtering error, thats because I didnt insists about that.
The wp are ok but I need help with this questions, I dont understand if you will answer it later, sory if I insist:

2- I need to show the cities where the user sell products and its totals.
    Then the WayPoints depends on who logged in and some other filters.
    My idea is to use a MEMORY driver table to save the waypoint per user.
    Is this ok or is better to use a Queue?
3- The map is on a memory form, I need to fill the waypoints in this memory form because of filters I need to apply to the cities and invoices.
    In which form embed point must I fill the map data?
4- Ive seen that its obligued to set an initial waypoint, if I do not set one, then the map is blanked.
    I dont have any initial wp, then I need to calculate it to set it in the middle of the data wps.
    Will be good to use the same LOOP where the template reads the wps to calculate the medium latitude and the medium longitude. This avoids to use another loop before the
    p_web.SetOption(loc:MapOptions,'center','['&p_web.GetLatLng( IniLat ) &',' & p_web.GetLatLng( iniLon ) &']')
    Any way of set this after the wps loop?
5- How to set the zoom value depending on the waypoints to see initially all of them?
6- With Esri, any way of disable the wp grouping on the map? if they are closed depending on the zoom it group them in a circle.
-----------
Regards
Alberto

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 05:45:57 AM »
>>2.  Is this ok or is better to use a Queue?

mem-table is fine. Just make sure it has a SessionID field, and filter on that field for each user.
And of course clean out the table in the NotifyDeleteSession method in WebHandler.

>> 3. In which form embed point must I fill the map data?

You mean where must you populate the memory table?
Right before it is used is probably the best place. (right-click, source, see where the table is used.)

Of course this will be called multiple times for the same user, so make sure you only populate the mem table once. And perhaps update it when necessary?

>> I've seen that its obliged to set an initial waypoint, if I do not set one, then the map is blanked.

That's been fixed.

>>  How to set the zoom value depending on the waypoints to see initially all of them?

you'd need to do a bit of math for that. It's in the desktop maps class, but not the web maps class. For now just pick a "reasonable" number.

>> With Esri, any way of disable the wp grouping on the map? if they are closed depending on the zoom it group them in a circle.

that's not ESRI, that's NetTalk. The feature is called Clustering. You can set the option
"disable Clustering at Level:"
on the Data tab, Properties, Data tab.
Set it to 1 to turn off clustering for that data set.

cheers
Bruce