NetTalk Central

Author Topic: NetWebYear Calendar changing date and tim to startdatetimestamp_DATE etc problem  (Read 2488 times)

Johan van Zyl

• jvz
    • View Profile
    • Email
1. it would appear that NetWebYear does not like startdatetimestamp_DATE and startdatetimestamp_TIME. The dates that have been activated before does not appear on calendar anymore.
And now one cannot add any dates, the Update form comes up with no default dates in From and To and no dates can be selected.

Johan van Zyl
Clarion 6.3 9058/C8 Gold/SQL/NetTalk WebServer

Johan van Zyl

• jvz
    • View Profile
    • Email
I converted a TPS based app(where everything was running fine) to ODBC - lots of bugs now.
On a hunch I changed the filter NetWebYear  Data
from
'UPPER(boo:peopleguid) = ''' & upper(p_web.GSV('CalendarBookingsLocums_TPE_GUID')) & ''''
to
'UPPER(clip(boo:peopleguid)) = ''' & upper(clip(p_web.GSV('CalendarBookingsLocums_TPE_GUID'))) & ''''
now it shows each persons bookings in tpeople calendar.

Still have problems with the update form cannot select dates, cant save.
In example app the start and end dates were LONG in startdatetomestamp_GROUP they are DATE?
Now working with a SQL table. Is that my problem?

OK looks like PostGreSQL want the dates as DATE and time as TIME for the timestamp to work. Found out more and more  settings that disappeared from certain procedures after switching from TPS to ODBC. Still cannot create or update a booking (like Rooms and Meetings in example) but the existing bookings now show in NetWebYear per person, just cannot Update them.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 03:35:34 AM by Johan van Zyl »
Johan van Zyl

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
>> 'UPPER(clip(boo:peopleguid)) = ''' & upper(clip(p_web.GSV('CalendarBookingsLocums_TPE_GUID'))) & ''''

well GSV always returns clipped values, so you can likely remove the CLIP from the right side of the filter.
Regarding the clip on the left side;
a) how long is the string declaration for Boo:PeopleGuid
b) Is Boo:PeopleGuid a STRING or a CSTRING ?
c) how long is the data in that field in your data table? ie is it "full" or does it have trailing spaces.

cheers
Bruce

Johan van Zyl

• jvz
    • View Profile
    • Email
IN SQL it is char 16, in DCT string 16, so it seems that clipping should be superfluous?
And the fields are full - filled with st.makeGuid()
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 05:19:50 AM by Johan van Zyl »
Johan van Zyl

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Then, as you suggest, the clip is unnecessary.
I think something else is in play, and you might want to debug further.

cheers
Bruce