NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Countdown Clock  (Read 12144 times)

Keith

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Countdown Clock
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2018, 02:56:46 PM »
Hi Bill and Richard

I am flummoxed!  This morning after getting the server going so that I could install the latest version of this stubbornly not-working countdown clock I checked the p_web.script line and recompiled and . . . it all worked :-(     Or should that be :-)

I can only think that it was to do with ticking 'Included in  All.js' which I un-ticked after Bill's comment.  Though I had tried this previously it may have been that the function itself had a capital letter where it shouldn't have and so one problem masked the other.

Anyway, thanks again for all your help.  All is now well.

Cheers

Keith
Clarion 10.0.0 build 12799
NetTalk 9.31
StringTheory 2.65
InsightGraphing 2.27

bshields

• View Profile
    • Inhabit
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2018, 03:55:52 PM »
Cool. The capital letter will definitely cause a problem, as JS is case sensitive.

Keith

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2018, 08:55:24 PM »
Ok, so last question (why am I so optimistic  :) )

I am in Clarion with Keiths.js open and am changing it to make the clock look better (size, colours etc) and I want to Save the new file and refresh the browser to see the new exquisite result.  But the display doesn't change.

I have looked seemingly everywhere for advice on how to clear the (Firefox) cache and have got lots of suggestions none of which work all the time (ctrl-f5 worked once).  The incredible thing is this - the first change that I made was to make one of the words in the clock big (txt.big()) and it worked.  Though now I have a very different js file Firefox is still using the old one AND Chrome also used the old and now non-existent js file.  This is a grand conspiracy.

How can I get around this apart from rebooting (which is what I am going to do now)?

Thanks

Keith
Clarion 10.0.0 build 12799
NetTalk 9.31
StringTheory 2.65
InsightGraphing 2.27

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2018, 11:23:06 PM »
Hi Keith,

when editing css or js it's helpful to understand the work-flow so as to be sure it ends up in your browser.

hint: setting the web server to "debug" setting on the performance tab makes the whole process simpler. Once you then have it the way you like it you can set it back to "web" mode and run gzipall.bat

here's the flow (if you are in "web" mode)

a) you edit keith.css (or keith.js - same flow for either.)
b) run gzipall.bat
c) On WebServer winodw (ie running program) click "refresh cache" button. (On older NetTalk, if you don't have the button, stop and start the server exe.)
d) in the browser press Ctrl-F5

here's the flow if you are in "debug" mode
a) you edit keith.css (or keith.js - same flow for either.)
b) in the browser press Ctrl-F5

repeat above until you are happy then

c) run gzipall.bat
d) put the server back into "web" mode.
e) in the browser press Ctrl-F5

cheers
Bruce

Keith

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2018, 12:28:28 AM »