NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Nettalk 10 Responsive Question  (Read 2990 times)

osquiabro

• View Profile
    • Email
Nettalk 10 Responsive Question
« on: February 24, 2018, 06:33:33 AM »
Hi, nettalk 10 is full responsive? what about forms, tabs, menus and browse? i need to know before upgraded or consider H5..

Thanks.

broche

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Nettalk 10 Responsive Question
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 12:54:38 AM »
What do you mean by Full Responsive?  Anything you want to do with a database backend amd much more you can do with Nettalk.  I almoset exclusvely use Nettalk instead of 32 bit apps now.
Brian

osquiabro

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 05:35:52 AM »
Responsive Web design (RWD) is a Web design approach aimed at crafting sites to provide an optimal viewing experience?easy reading and navigation with a minimum of resizing, panning, and scrolling?across a wide range of devices (from mobile phones to desktop computer monitors).

Responsive web design (RWD) is an approach to web design which makes web pages render well on a variety of devices and window or screen sizes. Recent work also considers the viewer proximity as part of the viewing context as an extension for RWD.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Responsive_web_design

more??

bshields

• View Profile
    • Inhabit
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 05:38:46 AM »
I guessed he meant does NT10 generates html/css that is responsive  (eg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Responsive_web_design).

From my work in NT7 it wasn't. But, jquery themes can be fully responsive.

I have NT10 Apps that are fully responsive, but i rolled my own html/css.

I haven't built anything from scratch in NT10 with new jquery themes, so i'm not sure if you can do it with stock NT10, but i'm sure Bruce will read this shortly and let us know.

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 01:26:21 AM »
Hi Osa,

>> From my work in NT7 it wasn't. But, jquery themes can be fully responsive.

Up to NetTalk 9 there were still quite a few layouts based on <table> structures, and this can make responsive design tricky.

From NetTalk 10 there are settings, global and local, which let you use a DIV based layout instead of a Table based layout.
This means that, with the right CSS, the app is "fully responsive".

I haven't done too much on the CSS side yet - the "base" theme is probably the best one if you want to work with responsive layouts - but of course you are free to tweak the CSS however you like. By default I do things like turn "horizontal" forms and browses into vertical ones (when the screen is small) and so on.

I expect to updates the various other themes as time permits.

cheers
Bruce