NetTalk Central

Author Topic: SIgnaling ni NT  (Read 2309 times)

rjolda

• View Profile
    • Email
SIgnaling ni NT
« on: January 09, 2018, 03:53:14 AM »
Hi ALL,
Using NT 10.15.  C*
I am calling a Web Client from a button on an NT form.  Web Client is on same thread.
Web client is asynchronous as I understand.   Question: How can I signal the user that the Web Client has done its SOAP query and has returned information which the user now needs to see.  Should the Web Client procedure open a results window?  I don't think that the form with the button will get the response from the WEb Client (as it would in a Windows app). 
Can someone shed some insight on proper signaling in NT 10.
TIA,
Ron Jolda

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: SIgnaling ni NT
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 09:52:21 PM »
Hi Ron,

>> I am calling a Web Client from a button on an NT form.  Web Client is on same thread. Web client is asynchronous as I understand.

all correct so far. Presumably you have some sort of WebClient procedure that you are calling from some embed code, like under a button or something.

The easiest step is to pass p_web into that procedure. You can do this by adding a parameter;
(NetWebServerWorker p_Web)
then inside that procedure, in the .PageReceived method you can set session values or whatever else you need to do.

So assuming you have a form. With a Button. And the button then runs this code. And this code then updates a sessionValue.
Then all that's left is to have that session value as a field on the form (perhaps a "display" field?) and then add that display field to the "reset list" for the button.

cheers
Bruce