NetTalk Central

Author Topic: WinSock Error = 11004  (Read 6910 times)

Djordje Radovanovic

• View Profile
WinSock Error = 11004
« on: September 27, 2012, 04:28:35 PM »
I am trying to send mail from app for the first time.
When I got an error it was expected and than I read documentation and most of messages on this forum but I did not find solution.

I am constantly receiving an error:
The requested connection could not be opened. The Open command timed out or failed to connect.

The error number was -53 which means Open Timeout or Failure error - [WinSock Error = 11004 : (WSANO_DATA) Valid name, no data record or requested type. The requested name is valid and was found in the database, but it does not have the correct associated data being resolved for.].

Error occurred in function NetSimple.TakeEvent

Where did I go wrong?

Best regards,

Djordje Radovanovic

useless

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: WinSock Error = 11004
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 09:55:51 PM »
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms740668%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

WSANO_DATA

Valid name, no data record of requested type.

The requested name is valid and was found in the database, but it does not have the correct associated data being resolved for. The usual example for this is a host name-to-address translation attempt (using gethostbyname or WSAAsyncGetHostByName) which uses the DNS (Domain Name Server). An MX record is returned but no A record—indicating the host itself exists, but is not directly reachable.

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 10:31:07 PM »
Richard is right.

Check carefully the "address" for the server that you are using. sounds like that is wrong.

cheers
Bruce

Djordje Radovanovic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 01:56:33 AM »
Many times changed from smpt.something.com to smpt.otherthing.com but never changed smpt. to smtp.  :-[

Thanks.

useless

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 02:25:08 AM »
Attached is a code example to lookup the MX records so you can talk direct to the email server responsible for the email address's domain name you are trying to send to. It can help avoid those problems plus you dont get restricted or held up by your ISP's SMTP server which in one customers case can be slow delivering the emails like upto an hour is their record, not good when customers are on the phone waiting for quotes to give the go ahead for an order.

[attachment deleted by admin]