NetTalk Central

Author Topic: SecWin + NT app without email  (Read 2152 times)

estadok

• View Profile
    • EstaSoft
    • Email
SecWin + NT app without email
« on: April 24, 2012, 11:50:27 PM »
Hi all!

How do I disable Secwin's email functionality in a web application? I want to manually create users (like in Win32 app), and tell them login and password in the form of SMS messages or something else.
Clarion 9.0.10376
NetTalk 7.26
SecWin 6.25
StringTheory 1.92

RayA

• View Profile
    • My Web Site
    • Email
Re: SecWin + NT app without email
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 08:18:33 PM »
What I did was on the NT Web server I added a button to browse the operators, a button  to change login, and a button to change password.  Then you enter you users there and after you enter a user change to that user login, then change the password to the desired password.  I also put this same method in a external desktop application that manages some of the web server data files so I can manage users from there.  On the web login side you might have to hide all but the login tab. 

In this same application I have a user register form that the user fills out and I create the login and password from that info.  That same information also becomes his or her user profile.  Not sure if this process will work for you but this is what I needed for my application.

I hope this helps you.

Ray Abadie
Lafayette, La.

estadok

• View Profile
    • EstaSoft
    • Email
Re: SecWin + NT app without email
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 09:35:31 PM »
Thank you Ray!!!
This is not exactly what I need, but you gave me an idea how to do this in my case. :)
Clarion 9.0.10376
NetTalk 7.26
SecWin 6.25
StringTheory 1.92