NetTalk Central

Author Topic: NT 6/Secwin app and Create Login feature  (Read 2490 times)

jking

• View Profile
    • Email
NT 6/Secwin app and Create Login feature
« on: April 13, 2012, 10:08:59 AM »
I want to temporarily turn off the Create Login feature and enter users manually.  I also don't want to have to use email addresses during this time.  I will want to turn this feature back on later.  Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks,

Jeff King

RayA

• View Profile
    • My Web Site
    • Email
Re: NT 6/Secwin app and Create Login feature
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 04:25:58 PM »
I am also very interested in the same thing Jeff is asking and would like to know if there is a solution to this.

Ray Abadie
Lafayette, La.
U.S.A.

GeoffThomson

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 10:28:23 PM »
1. Suppress the Create Login tab on the Login form. That should pretty much sort you out. Then just the supervisor will be able to create users like in the win 32 app.
2. Not use email addresses: what are your thoughts on password retrieval?

jking

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 08:05:59 AM »
Geoff,

As for password retrieval, I like the email approach.  However, one hospital we work with has very strict security in place.  They don't like the idea of allowing just anyone to create an account, as they could with the Create Login Tab.  This is the reason I posed the question.
      I would prefer to leave things as they are.  So, can you suggest a way to deal with this, preventing just anyone from having the ability to create an account?
     As an aside, I did have this hospital test a version of an app with the create login tab but they had trouble with their account.  They were able to create the account and set a password.  However, when they tried to log in they received "Login Failed. Try Again." messages.  They use an email address in the format FirstName.LastName@domain.org.  Could this be the issue?

Thanks,

Jeff