NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Multiple appointments in NetWebYear  (Read 3575 times)

John Fligg

• View Profile
    • Ambrit Software
    • Email
Multiple appointments in NetWebYear
« on: January 10, 2012, 10:44:14 AM »
Bruce mentioned recently in another post that you can already do multiple appointments per cell all be it there being limited space.

How can you achieve this please? Every time I click on a cell and zoom in I only get access to one record.

John

bruce2

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Multiple appointments in NetWebYear
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 12:32:13 PM »
While you can include multiple data in one cell, clicking on the cell can only take you to one form.

Consider for example leave an public holiday tables. You can have both on he same day, but clicking on the day can only go to one of them.

Using the planner control you can eplde one day into multiple records though, but hat will take some creativity.

John Fligg

• View Profile
    • Ambrit Software
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 02:28:30 PM »
Hmm. Not sure I follow exactly. Say you need to show a list of doctors appointments for one day. How would you go about that? Are you implying that this cannot be done via NetWebYear? Because you may need to change someones details or time for example. So you would require multiple appointments per cell.

I think this is probably outside the scope of NetWebYear which really is just a "planner" and showing the daily appointments is best done using a formal browse control?

My main concern is that the NWY control shows there are appointments but is misleading to the unitiated becaue they assume there is only one appointment.

John

bruce2

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 07:57:20 PM »
For a one-day appointment list I'd use a browse - perhaps using a mem table so there's one record every 15 minutes.

If you look at the generated code for the netwebyear you can see how the data is populated - so you can have a function to return say the number o appointments in the day.

John Fligg

• View Profile
    • Ambrit Software
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 12:24:20 AM »
Ah that would be best Bruce. Also I tend to have my clients want to put reminders etc. on in the same file. If they split reminders with appointments they find that difficult to work. So that function could return something like Appointments (2), Reminders (3), Phone (4) etc.

Early days with NetWebYear anyway and not #1 priority.

Thanks

John

ntnewbies

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2020, 08:49:27 PM »
Hi John,
Did you manage to do this?

Jason

Ah that would be best Bruce. Also I tend to have my clients want to put reminders etc. on in the same file. If they split reminders with appointments they find that difficult to work. So that function could return something like Appointments (2), Reminders (3), Phone (4) etc.

Early days with NetWebYear anyway and not #1 priority.

Thanks

John