NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Forums need testing  (Read 8418 times)

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Forums need testing
« on: May 15, 2010, 08:45:42 PM »
Hi

I'm in the process of building some forum software written in NetTalk. I have a demo running now at http://forums.capesoft.com. [update - I had the link wrong earlier.]

I'd appreciate it if you'd take a couple minutes to swing past, add an entry - it can be complete nonsense - and perhaps a reply or two. I'll almost certainly blow all the postings away sometime next week when we release it "for real".

At this stage I'm interested in any suggestions (obviously it's very early days, and I've not released a bunch of features it can already do) - but in the general way it works, or looks, I'm very keen on getting some feedback. The approach to adding  user is a bit different, and the way posts are displayed, and the way you can browse through posts is very different to normal web forums, so I'm particularly interested in those aspects right now.

We'll be releasing the source to this program, probably at some extra cost though. I'd like to get some idea whether this is something worth spending time on from a wider point of view, or only for our purposes, and this is the easiest way to do that - as well as show some return on the work done.

Cheers
Bruce
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 08:47:50 AM by Bruce »