NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Bruce! Nice job on the NTWS 5 webinar today!  (Read 11707 times)

Mike Grigsby

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - onthedotsoftware
    • View Profile
    • MyHomeAssets! Software (among others)
Bruce! Nice job on the NTWS 5 webinar today!
« on: November 21, 2009, 12:24:15 AM »
Thanks for your great presentation on the Clarion Live webinar today. I really enjoyed hearing the master speak and seeing how great the jQuery stuff is. I like the new CSS implementation, and how easy it is to build a really slick style using ThemeRoller.

I'm anxious to upgrade now. Amazing stuff. For anyone that missed it, a replay should be available on the Clarion Live website. I am seldom interested enough to get all the way through these Friday webinars, but I was glued to every word. Thanks!
Mike Grigsby
Credify Systems
Central Oregon, USA

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Bruce! Nice job on the NTWS 5 webinar today!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 09:36:42 PM »
Thanks for the kind words Mike - now I just need to write some docs!

cheers
Bruce

alex.kolaric

• Do it or do not, there is no try
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 02:02:26 AM »
Hi Bruce,

although I was not able to attend your presentation, I looked at the recorded material and I must say it was great. Since I was not able to ask you a few questions at that time here they are:

1) In one of my earlier posts we discussed detection for cookies on a client. You mentioned that you will see if it can be built in ver 5. So, any news about it?
2) I like new styling options for bttns and everything else in ver 5 very much. But, I can't help noticing that by default in ver 5 as in ver 4 lookup buttons and calendar buttons which are placed besides entry fields are mostly misaligned which looks a bit ugly. Is there any chance for the default CSS styles coming with ver 5 to contain such CSS which I don't have to tweak afterwards to make this right. I know that it is rather easy to do but I'm thinking that it would be nice to have out of the box solution working without tweaking CSS.

That is it for now. I think I have some other questions though but I can't remember them at this point :)

Keep up with the great job you are doing.

cheers,
Alex

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 09:43:24 PM »
Hi Alex,

Before I get to the specifics, I should point out that the "release early, release often" model is still in play here. In other words I'll be adding stuff to NetTalk 5 on a regular basis, just like I did with NT4. So because stuff isn't in yet, doesn't mean it's gonna get excluded.

On the cookies front I've been experimenting with some different techniques. I'm not yet completely happy with any of them, so it's still on my list for now. But there will be something at some point.

On the style front I'll look into it - however when doing very fine style adjustments things can get browser dependent. So while it might be aligned in one browser it is then mis-aligned in another. So there are limits to how far that can go.

Cheers
Bruce

Mike Grigsby

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - onthedotsoftware
    • View Profile
    • MyHomeAssets! Software (among others)
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 09:45:20 AM »
On the Calendar placement: I adjust the CSS and average between FF and IE. It comes out pretty well.
Mike Grigsby
Credify Systems
Central Oregon, USA

Rene Simons

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 03:01:57 PM »
Hi,
I downloaded the webinar because I couldn't make it to the live session..
The sync is completely messed up. I am very sorry about that because I would've liked to see the features of NTWS in version 5 demonstrated by The Man ;-) himself.
Rene
Rene Simons
NT14.14

kevin plummer

• View Profile
    • Production Accounting and Software Payroll
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 07:29:26 PM »
I played it rather than downloading (although it is an excellent resource to have locally) and the sync was fine - maybe try that. If the sync is still out it may be your media player?

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 09:38:34 PM »
Hi Rene,

There was some delay of the screen between my machine and the US, so some of the "talk" is ahead of the screens being shown. Mark, and John pointed this out to me about half way through, and also showed me how I can "see" what they see. So it improves after that. Overall, I think it's understandable though - you get to see it, just a little bit "before" it appears.

cheers
Bruce